Should Surging idle checklist be in here?

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by Skoobie, Jun 4, 2006.

1. Skoobie

Skoobie Damn...Tyler65's hot!

Sorry I wasent sure how to approach this so I started a thread. While this section is a great idea it seems like the surging idle is a more mechanical related problem and not so much of a TwEECer/related editing program issue. jrichker put a lot of effort into that thread and I would hate to see it overlooked by the newer members of this site trying to fix a VERY common problem with our cars. I know I would not check the "Tuning" section of the site for a Tech related problem if I were new here. Just a thought :nice: At any rate thanks for puting up the tuning section, I hope to soon make use of it :D

:EDIT: Yes I did read "Purpose of this forum". It just seems most of the Fixes for this partucular problem were mechanical in nature; i.e. vac leaks, dirty IACs, rotating MAF sensors, etc. etc.

2. HISSIN50

HISSIN50 "How long does it take to get help in here?
    SN Certified Technician

Skoobie, I stand corrected (I just edited my long post where I noted all the reasons that I agree with you). I think they left JR's Sticky in 5.0 Tech also. :nice:

Tim and the guys are on the ball! :hail2:

3. srothfuss

srothfuss Last night I stabbed the same guy 7 times in a row

The "Fox3 Tuning section" should cover a lot of information on TwEECer, PMS and other tuning devices for sure. But this section could also become useful in answering common questions regarding issues involving the computer. Or at least that is how I see it.

4. timeless2

timeless2 Vi Veri Veni Versum Vicus Vici
    Admin Dude

That "purpose" thread is quite fluid--I put it there as a starting point for the new forum. If you guys want to change the verbiage within it, please let myself or a Moderator know and the text can be edited to suit the forum's needs. :)

5. duner

duner Mr. Warmth

I took Jason's suggestion and copied that thread in here. If it doesn't make sense to have it in here I will remove it.

6. vristang

vristang Advanced Member

Well, I am not sure what direction others will want to take with this section, but here is what I had in mind when I brought it up.
    It would be nice to have an area that is focused on the computer control of the 5.0. In my mind I didn't originally see the mechanical troubleshooting type stuff here.

My vision was a place for all the tuning hardware/programs to be compared to each other. And, since user support for most of these tuners is rather basic in nature, the section would provide some theories and mothodologies on HOW to tune a car with these systems (regardless of the tuner being used).

However, I tend to look at things a little differently than most. If others feel that this section should include topics like surging idle, setting tps, etc, then I see no reason not to make this so.

I would like to hear what others think.

jason

7. HISSIN50

HISSIN50 "How long does it take to get help in here?
    SN Certified Technician

Since asked:
    I also think this SF should be more tuner related (look at my DL's, my TwEECer told me to take a hike, etc)........ Questions involving the devices or theory with regard to using a handheld.

In other words, if something is applicable to a stockish stang (TPS, IAC, etc issues) that doesn't use a Tuning device, let it ride in Tech.
    As we can see in the 5N95 Tuning SF, things get mixed a bit and it doesnt matter too much.