SICK Of The Monster-Truck Look... Lowering Springs For 265/285 Tires.

God, your car is awesome N8Dogg...btw I thought I remembered you saying somewhere that when you had the stock rims and the car lowered, you ran 1.5" spacers on the rears since they sit so far inward from the quarters...just curious, when you were running those, did the stock 245 tires ever risk rubbing the lip of the quarter panel, or were they still inward enough that that wasn't a problem even if you hit a nasty pothole?

Thanks Puma :nice:

I've never rubbed my tires on my fenders. I think the combination of lowering springs and good shocks/struts prevents my car from being problematic.

There have been times though at the top of parking ramps (like the f'n MOA ramp) where the uphill climb suddenly stops and goes down hill like this ^ and I end up rubbing my exhaust on there. If I drive at an angle it usually isn't a problem though. This hasn't really been a problem for a couple years though as I now have a DD and really only drive the stang a couple thousand miles/year on nice days.

I love the way my car looks right now, but I really do need to get some more go-fast parts. Despite all of my mods my little NPI 2V is probably only making at best 220-230 RWHP... I can't wait to get my cams installed and get a dyno tune... I'm hoping for somewhere around 270 RWHP.

• Sponsors (?)

Just would like to add my experience since I installed a Pro-Kit this weekend. The car is now just over an Inch lower front and back using ProThane Isolators since the originals had were not in great shape. I have heard than they will also settle out somewhat and while an inch doesn't sound like much it is very noticeable. The kit in my opinion is a good blend between performance and function plus if the drop in not enough simply pull isolators!

295/35/18 rear, 255/40/18 fronts.

dam1.jpg