Sirius FM Modulator in an '01 Mach 460?

mesc7

May 6, 2004
I have a 2001 GT with the Mach 460 system and am looking to get Sirius Satellite Radio. Well I've ditched the idea of getting a Sirius-ready head unit because I don't feel like gutting my whole system right now. I am currently looking at the Kenwood Universal FM System:

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/Conte...s/CachedPage&c=ProductAsset&cid=1028140215544

The only thing I should have to hookup is the Sirius Tuner to the FM input on the back of the radio from what I can tell. Can anyone give me any feedback on this if you've done anything similar or have experience with the Mach 460 system in an '01? Thanks in advance!

Justin

• Sponsors (?)

One option to consider...

There are a lot of 2004 owners that have the MACH 460 6-CD that is satellite radio capable. All it means is it has buttons to control a satellite tuner. I plan to purchase a tuner for mine so everything looks stock but I haven't seen many aftermarket tuners that will plug right in. I'm sure they'll flood the market soon. Anyway, many 2004 owners have ripped out the MACH 460 system for an aftermarket system. If you don't want to do the FM Modulator route, you could possibly get a MACH 460 with SAT for cheap.

propellerhead said:
One option to consider...

There are a lot of 2004 owners that have the MACH 460 6-CD that is satellite radio capable. All it means is it has buttons to control a satellite tuner. I plan to purchase a tuner for mine so everything looks stock but I haven't seen many aftermarket tuners that will plug right in. I'm sure they'll flood the market soon. Anyway, many 2004 owners have ripped out the MACH 460 system for an aftermarket system. If you don't want to do the FM Modulator route, you could possibly get a MACH 460 with SAT for cheap.

Propellerhead, thats a very interesting idea that I never thought of. Are the connectors on the back of the '01 Mach 460 and the '04 Mach 460 the same? If so, that sounds like a VERY simple swap. Does the '04 version just have a set of RCAs on the back? Thanks a lot for your help!