size tires will fit 15 x 8 with 5.5 BS Weld draglites on a 92 LX

tording

Founding Member
Nov 11, 2000
Hampton, VA
I have a 92 LX and I have a set of 15 x 8 Weld draglites that have a 5.5 BS. What is the biggest size tire I can run on this setup? I dont mind turning the quad shocks but I really dont want to have to pound the fenderwell to make them fit. what size will fit without doing this? can I fit like a 275 or a 295 under the car do you think?

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 92 LX and I have a set of 15 x 8 Weld draglites that have a 5.5 BS. What is the biggest size tire I can run on this setup? I dont mind turning the quad shocks but I really dont want to have to pound the fenderwell to make them fit. what size will fit without doing this? can I fit like a 275 or a 295 under the car do you think?

with the 5.5 BS a 275 WILL HIT the quadshock in it's stock location

i have the exact rim u posted and i am running 255/60/15s and it hit the quads, i flipped the quads and gained the clearence i needed. i think the 275 will rub even the flipped quads. i am not sure since i havent run that setup. someone would have to chime in. but if it does you can just take the quads completely out.

the 5.5 inch BS really tucks the rim under the fender nice but makes it hard to fit a big tire under the car.

you might consider going to a 4.5 inch BS, will set the rim out an inch further, but still looks great, and you can fit a 275 easily under the car,