Slick 50 what do you think?

NicksBullitt

May 31, 2004
Holly Ridge, NC
I was curious if anyone here has used the slick 50 product and what they thought?

I know there is no magic potion for HP, but I was curious does anyone have dyno numbers of before and after? Probably not much of a difference, but I was curious. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

So before you guys knock the stuff how about discussing WHY it shouldn't be used?

The additives such as Slick 50 will not neccesarily hurt your car BUT...the silicone additives that they use do break down. If you use the stuff you had better do it regularly because after it wears away from the internal parts the metels are left even more unprotected than if you never put the stuff in leading to quicker wear on the intenal parts. That was the explanation I found.

Teflon does not belong in an engine. I used to run it in my old car's all the time when if first came out. Aside from my oil pressure going up a little after the oil change (mostly due to fresh oil) I noticed no performance gain.

GOLDENPONY said:
Nothing but Snake Oil. Use good oil and change it!
I couldn't agree more. :nice: regular changes, with a good oil filter are all I have been doing for years now. I've seen plenty of 300,000+km engines the have gone through many a Canadian winter with never a drop of synthetic or oil additive what so ever. Since then, nobody will never convince me to spend $50.00+ on an oil change again.