SLP Loudmouth/Pypes O/R H Pipe

BennytheJet

Dec 23, 2004
Just curious to see who has this combo exhaust and what there impression was on the loudness of this sucker. I installed some the O/R H pipe with the SLP I already had on my car and it seemed the car was really loud. Maybe to loud. So I temporarily took them out until I figure out what to do. For those of you who have this combo, what do you think and any experience attracting the wrong attention?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Nascar comes to mind. It attracts way to much attention in my book. I took off my mufflers for a while and ran shorties + o/r h and it was ungodly. It sounded great but way to loud to daily drive.

I would put the stockers on with the o/r h or buy some other mufflers. Flowmasters sound pretty good so don't rule them out. I have Pypes Violators (pypes version of SLP LM) and they sound great. They sort of act like a chambered muffler in the sound department because they have some sound deadeners in them and all that. They are loud when you get on it (and by loud I mean *****ing insane) and they have zero drone and are great for DDing.

I just installed the LM's with my O/R Prochamber and can't get enough!

My MAC axlebacks just were not doing it for me in the loud Dept. so I had to go SLP. My daily Driver is loud as hell and I love it.

I was running Mac axlebacks (way to much drone) and swapped them out for the FRPP stingers (to quiet) and swapped them out for the SLP LM's. Once I added the Bassani X with the high flow cats...wala!!! Sounds awesome now...especially in the mid rpm range in 2nd. Turns heads all the time! :nice:

I was running Mac axlebacks (way to much drone) and swapped them out for the FRPP stingers (to quiet) and swapped them out for the SLP LM's. Once I added the Bassani X with the high flow cats...wala!!! Sounds awesome now...especially in the mid rpm range in 2nd. Turns heads all the time! :nice:

Sorry -- :OT:

I noticed you have the Roush quarter window louvers. How do you like them? Easy install? How is the paint job? I've been thinkin about getting them. I'm just worried about them looking too "stick on" and cheesy. I definetly like the Roush ones the best though.

Sorry -- :OT:

I noticed you have the Roush quarter window louvers. How do you like them? Easy install? How is the paint job? I've been thinkin about getting them. I'm just worried about them looking too "stick on" and cheesy. I definetly like the Roush ones the best though.

I have to say of all the window louvers I've seen in person or online, I really like the Roush the best. Pay the extra and get them pre painted if you can...just easier. Install was probably about 20 minutes or so a side...great instructions and templates. You actually use the 3m tape to attach brackets to the car and then the louvers are then bolted on to the brackets. No problems at all and I get compliments all the time on them. Don't worry about them looking chessy....they're not. Here's a few pics...

DSC01183.jpg

DSC01179.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01183.jpg
    DSC01183.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 104
  • DSC01179.jpg
    DSC01179.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 95
I have to say of all the window louvers I've seen in person or online, I really like the Roush the best. Pay the extra and get them pre painted if you can...just easier. Install was probably about 20 minutes or so a side...great instructions and templates. You actually use the 3m tape to attach brackets to the car and then the louvers are then bolted on to the brackets. No problems at all and I get compliments all the time on them. Don't worry about them looking chessy....they're not. Here's a few pics...

They look awesome! Thanks for the photos. I plan on getting them pre-painted from Roush. I can't wait!