small crappy battery

dastang2

Dec 11, 2003
tx
ok it takes a bigger battery to crank my motor over. i got an old tiny battery with a broken post and it only cranks the motor slow like it has a heat soaked starter. but it has a high torque starter in good shape on it.i don't know the cca right off hand. it is also too tall to fit under my hood. i need one with more CCA's and that is shorter. also, since it turns the motor sort of slow, i believe that is the reason for the burning plastic on the solinoid. and i also believe that since it take longer and slower to crank it and having the key turned for so long that it lead to burning up my fusable links. i ran a new wire to 3 of them and my lights and motor runs but when i turn the key it just clicks once. i still need to replace the alt. fusable links and it only turns over with a screw driver. if i keep turning the key over and over sometimes the starter will turn. i don't have a short. do you think the extra time that it takes to start this motor, because of the battery being too old and small is a reasonable cause for the burning wires and stuff.. i will be getting a new solinoid soon if i don't already have an extra one which i think i do.

• Sponsors (?)