Small towns suck

If it was me I would have been using my 1/4" impact for speed and then using a torque wrench for accuracy. Trans pans leak a lot as it is. No need in helping them.

My point. Thank you. Everyone knows when you overtighten a trans pan it squishes the gasket out and leaks all over everything.

• Sponsors (?)

It was just a shock to me that I had to wait 4 days is all.

You're 30, and you haven't learned that you can't have everything ASAP, and exactly the way you want it? I have no idea how long ago you worked at the other shop, but the last couple years, a lot of shops had techs that were averaging 25 hours a week. Now that the economy has improved, lots of these businesses are picking up. A week or two I had ran over something, and needed my tire repaired ASAP. I went to 5 shops here in the metro before someone said they had time to work on it.

If it was me I would have been using my 1/4" impact for speed and then using a torque wrench for accuracy. Trans pans leak a lot as it is. No need in helping them.

I'm not saying that the guy could have used a better tool, but if he didn't break anything... I used to use the exact same thing you do. I bought a Mac 1/4" impact specifically for transmission work (I now use a 3/8" cordless for convince). My 1/4" impact is rated at 45 ft/lbs. This is still enough to break a 6mm bolt, or strip an aluminum housing thread. My 3/8" Matco ratchet is rated at 80. Both are rated at 90 PSI, yet most shops don't regulate air pressure. Industrial compressors can exceed 175 PSI.

You're 30, and you haven't learned that you can't have everything ASAP, and exactly the way you want it? I have no idea how long ago you worked at the other shop, but the last couple years, a lot of shops had techs that were averaging 25 hours a week. Now that the economy has improved, lots of these businesses are picking up. A week or two I had ran over something, and needed my tire repaired ASAP. I went to 5 shops here in the metro before someone said they had time to work on it.

I'm not saying that the guy could have used a better tool, but if he didn't break anything... I used to use the exact same thing you do. I bought a Mac 1/4" impact specifically for transmission work (I now use a 3/8" cordless for convince). My 1/4" impact is rated at 45 ft/lbs. This is still enough to break a 6mm bolt, or strip an aluminum housing thread. My 3/8" Matco ratchet is rated at 80. Both are rated at 90 PSI, yet most shops don't regulate air pressure. Industrial compressors can exceed 175 PSI.

It was last summer and we where the only shop in this town that did them last year. even then with just two of us we never got over base pay (20 flag hours). Well I take that back. The week my co-worker went on vacation I got like 3 hours over base. lol. This is the biggest town around here (within an hour) and its 11 thousand people.

I wasnt saying that I would hammer with my lil impact. Just snug to run them up.