Smoked headlights fitment?

LXSTASY

Founding Member
Apr 25, 2000
Long Island, NY
I installed my smoked headlight kit that I bought from CJ Pony Parts at E-town. my question is about the fitment of these headlights. For a while now after I installed the headlights and HIDs, I did not put the gasket from the stock headlight around the new smoked ones. To save time I left it out b/c I wanted to make sure the HIDs were working properly. Long story short, I went to put them on the other day and they were soo tight that i couldn't get them on. Should they be put on? I am also concerned about the alignment of the headlights with the HIDs being so bright and the tight fitting gasket from the stock headlights.
Any ideas or experience?

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have smoked headlights. But with my aftermarket lights, the gasket was a little tight getting on around the corner lights. The gasket wasn't so tight that I couldn't get it on, but I did have to use a popsickle stick to help push it in place.

I don't know that not haveing the gasket will be bad, but it does prevent some water from getting behind the light where the wiring is. I think it would look funny too since all of the lights have the black outline.

ss93cobra said:
I've got smoked headlights in my car, I reused the gasket/seal, yep, fit a little tighter than ithe old ones, but they did fit into the header panel.

Thanks.
So then I'll have to make it fit. How was the alignment of the headlight after the install. I have HIDs that are crazy bright, so I have to make sure that the lights line up so that I can aim them down a bit.