SMOKED LIKE CRAZY......!!!!!!!

fearless302

Aug 25, 2003
texas
i was cruising around town just having a ball...well at one point i decided to get on it.....everything seemed fine......

then i pulled into a parking lot to talk to some friends while sitting there AT IDLE, my car started smoking like crazy... the smoke was white....

as i drove home about 5 miles the smoking eventually stopped.... anyone have any ideas

my car is completely stock and has 75,000 miles on it.....

• Sponsors (?)

well it had overheated a couple of days before with the a/c on, but i also noticed that my high speed fan was not coming on.....i installed a manual switch.....
---
running rich????? i am curious now.... anyone wanna' add to this one.?...
---
yes it did in fact come from the tailpipes......

I switched to GM syncomesh in my T-5 and now have a little leak. It drips down onto my X pipe and stays there. It's not really a problem expect when the car is warmed up good and I jump on it, I get this white cloud behind like a smoke screen. I'm going to fix it in August when the engine is pulled for the heads, cam, rocker install.

Try this...top off the radiator and overflow tank...start the car cold and take radiator cap off...if it blowing bubbles then most likely you blew the head gasket. Couple of Mopar buddies had the same prob and said that is a fairly easy way to check. Hope it helps..but the engine has to be COLD.

fearless302 said:
well it had overheated a couple of days before with the a/c on, but i also noticed that my high speed fan was not coming on.....i installed a manual switch.....
---
running rich????? i am curious now.... anyone wanna' add to this one.?...
---
yes it did in fact come from the tailpipes......

That thing your talking about with it overheating and the fan not comming on sound like exactly what happend to me when i blew the head gaskets in my Thunderbird SC, i had white smoke comming out, and the heat would be cold, and the car would overheat, and the fan would come on 10% of the time.