sn-95 a-arm upgrade

jammer84_03

Nov 30, 2003
well, heres the senario. i already did the 5 lug swap, and im about to upgrade the springs to the eibach pro kit all the way around. i have new urethane bushings im gonig to put up front as well, and mm lca's in the rear. now i was told to get sn95 a-arms for the front to go with the 5 lug i already did. plus this would allow me to get the bushings and shells out at my own pace without having my car down and not able to drive, and replace the balljoints as well. now for the big question. has anyone else gone to the sn95 a-arms? i beleive there is an inch of track increase and didnt know if that would be an issue with something like tie rods or fender rubbing, incorrect caster or camber...etc....

• Sponsors (?)

The sn95 FCAs are about 1.25" longer on each side. IMHO, it makes ZERO sense unless you want to modify your front fenders and/or run SKINNIER tires!

If you have an OT car, and don't mind rolling the fenders, pushing out the fenders, modifying the fenders, or going to new Griggs fenders, then it's a great upgrade since you get more neg camber and a wider width.

The FRPP Fox FCAs are a good upgrade from the stock FCAs.

Also, the fit it depends A LOT of the YEAR of the Stang, the *Factory Tolerances* in the fenders, the wheel, and the specific size and *MODEL* of tire.

It's *not* a simple throw them on and they will work fine. There are *many* factors!

Also, if the car is lowered, then there are even more problem with fender clearances.

I *think* that the 92/93s with 225 tires *may* be able to run sn95 FCAs with the correct offset wheels (like a D78 or S197 wheel). But, again, factory tolerances on the fenders may require rolling the fenders.

On the corral, I posted pics and info of when I did my sn95 FCA upgrade. I don't remember the thread. I ended up going back to Fox FCAs. Also, the sn95 FCAs will lower the car since the bottom spring perch is ~3/4" further out.

You can try searching for
stangPlus2Birds
Fox sn95 FCA
in General Tech Forums

I have SN95 front spindles on my 91 with stock A-Arms. I just pulled the 2002 units off in favor of some 1995's. The 2002's are in fact about 1/2 inch longer than the 95's. I've read there is a difference of about 8mm and 14mm between the spindles. Adding the 1.25" by usning the SN95 A-Arms is really pushing those wheels out. I test fitted a set of old school 16X8 R9's on my car tonight with 225/55/R16's and it's a tight fit...The tire wall is flush with the fender lip and the tread falls within the lip. You're gonna need camber plates if you don't already have them. Hope that helps

I have SN95 front spindles on my 91 with stock A-Arms. I just pulled the 2002 units off in favor of some 1995's. The 2002's are in fact about 1/2 inch longer than the 95's.
???
I don't know who told you that the 2002 FCAs were different in length, but they are wrong. All sn95's have the same length FCAs.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...-D&view=32&N=700+4294908331+4294908282+400070
MS-M-3075-D ; $169.95
Make FORD ; Model MUSTANG
Beginning Year 1994 ; Ending Year 2004
Chassis SN95 ; Control Arm Position Front lower

Also, what's the BS/Offset of the rims you're using? They likely have more BS - similar to the S197 BS. Also, what springs are you using and how much drop do you have?

So, if you have to push your wheels in via the rim, after you moved the FCA out, and have to run thinner tires, I don't see reason to switch.

Like I said, if the fenders are rolled and pushed out, then people *may* be able to fit 245's and keep the added track width.
I will say that the sn95 FCA make changing springs much easier! :)

ok. i knew there was a difference i just couldnt remember how much. the added track is what i was going for. i am throwing a set of eibach pro kit springs on til i get my griggs dealer status and start really going at it. it is a daily driver but i cant help but rr it on the weekends and during the week at test and tunes when i get off work early. this is all just a quick fix to get the front end tightened up. plus like i said earlier, easy to just have the second set to throw onwhen i do the swap. thanks for all the info guys!