SN65 on E-Bay....

• Sponsors (?)

top bid

1965 Mustang fastback. 6 cylinder car needs work $8,500.00
2003 Mustang Cobra. Great mechanicals some body damage $20,000.00

Melding an '03 Cobra into a '65 Fastback...Priceless :nice:

Best wishes! I hope it goes at Barrett. I'd video tape that one.

Scott

66Runt said:
1965 Mustang fastback. 6 cylinder car needs work $8,500.00
2003 Mustang Cobra. Great mechanicals some body damage $20,000.00

Melding an '03 Cobra into a '65 Fastback...Priceless :nice:

Scott

Then I'll bid $28,500 - the labor wasn't that much right?

:rlaugh:

Holy smokes, the calculations that I got hurt my poor little calculator. I'm looking at getting a house, otherwise I would take that mortgage and happily live in that car. :D

Good luck on selling it. What happens if the bidders don't come close to your reserve? will you be taking it to Barrett Jackson?

65mistress said:
Good luck on selling it. What happens if the bidders don't come close to your reserve? will you be taking it to Barrett Jackson?

That is usually the problem with building a bad a$$ car like this...you never get back what you put into them.....most of the time. At Barret J if your lucky and get two guys with deep pockets, they'll pay well in excess of what the car is worth and the seller laugh's all the way to the bank. I hope this is the case for SN65, as this is one of the most extensive builds I've ever seen, and I get to see a lot of resto's at a local shop here is socal.

SN65 said:
All I can say is that e set the reserve at 50K less than it cost us to build.

Parts... about 65K
Labor... about 3,700 manhours @ 50/H

Do the math. :)

I was at BJ in Palm Beach when the first GT500E 'vert sold for $510,000.
attachment.php

You have a much better car, so you should have no trouble.:nice:

Attachments

I wish we could hang onto the car forever, but we need to sell it to help fund the new projects. If it were up to me, and I could affors it, I would just be driving it from show, to show, to show...

I am betting that the new projects will ride and perform as well or better.

two and one half days to go and we are over $85,000 with 13 different bidders and 120 people watching from the sidelines.

Hopefully those 120 people on the sidelines are waiting to place their bids in the last hour. If that is the case, Sat night at around 7PM central time should be pretty interesting. :)

Q: wow !!!! i still can not beleive how incredibal this car is!!!it takes my breath away, is the car titled as a 65 or a 03,, will the air bags work as origanally designed by ford ?? i would like to buy this car for daughter ,,
Sep-20-06
A: Thank you for the kind words... snip

I want a parent that could afford to buy this for their kid.. Holy smokes. :jaw: