Sn95 94'-98' Black Airbag Discoloration

88FoxLX5.0

Apr 19, 2016
Hello all, new to the forum forgive me if this is posted in the wrong section...My question is regarding 94'-98' passenger air bag in black should it match the lower part of the dash exactly or should it be more of an off black. Car is straight, never been wrecked reason for asking is I purchased used black bags they are not charcoal from the 99' and newer that is confirmed. Owner before me did a terrible job painting the whole dash so it needed to go I'm just looking for a stock black appearence. Should these bags be a little off from the factory? Anyone have a stock black interior that could give any advice? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

image.jpg
image.jpg
Well I would like to avoid painting them however thank you for the color I've searched a bunch of forums and some guys are saying that in different light it will look different and this is coming from mint Cobras and what not I wonder if it could possibly be different plants making bags so some match perfect others don't here is what I'm talking about, one photo sun facing away one against

Believe it or not this is the same car as the previous two photos, the guy had verified no wreck or bag replacement, exactly what I'm dealing with, the engineering number tagged on the back of the bag I have is confirmed a 96' model year bag "called ford dealer" looks exactly like this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 165
Center console/arm rest and ac vent looks to be a different color too.
Lighter, more like the later charcoal black.

The actual dash board looks to be the correct 94-98 black.

See the weird part is that in the other photos it looks just fine, do you have a sn95? Maybe take some photos in different lighting see what you see?
I used to have an sn95.
Was destroyed in a dui accident while parked.

However, I've seen many a sn95 in all colors and never seen that difference in color.

Also, in the other photos, i can see the color difference if i look hard enough.