SN95 Sway Bar Endlink Issues!

Swizzy

Apr 28, 2024
TN
Hey guys,

Installed coilovers, sway bar, and tubular lower control arms on my 1995 gt. Lowered the car a little bit (~2"-2.5") Now I am having issues with my sway bar end links. The poly bushings are splitting and literally falling off the car. Has happened twice now.

I know you are supposed to get shorter end links to account for the drop but mine are just not lining up. I am still trying to use the longer endlinks because there is no way the shorter ones will reach. The endlinks cannot sit anywhere close to vertical with how the sway bar lines up with the lower control arm. I will try to post some pictures this weekend.

Anyone else had difficulties with this after lowering their ride? What length end links should I be using to correct the bumpsteer? Can someone post pictures of a similar suspension setup on an sn95?

Thanks as always.

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys,

Installed coilovers, sway bar, and tubular lower control arms on my 1995 gt. Lowered the car a little bit (~2"-2.5") Now I am having issues with my sway bar end links. The poly bushings are splitting and literally falling off the car. Has happened twice now.

I know you are supposed to get shorter end links to account for the drop but mine are just not lining up. I am still trying to use the longer endlinks because there is no way the shorter ones will reach. The endlinks cannot sit anywhere close to vertical with how the sway bar lines up with the lower control arm. I will try to post some pictures this weekend.

Anyone else had difficulties with this after lowering their ride? What length end links should I be using to correct the bumpsteer? Can someone post pictures of a similar suspension setup on an sn95?

Thanks as always.

I feel your pain, I'm not sure I'm at the optimal solution yet. I ended up buying both the Prothane 19-408 (4.25in, lowered) and 19-416 (5in, I think this is stock length) and figured out which one fit better (pretty sure 4.25), with some added metal washers as spacers to reduce any preload.

If you can measure the approximate gap you need at ride height, Prothane has a part calculator that will tell you what part number has that spacing:

My MM control arms are forward offset, so I also need to move the sway bar frame mount points forward a bit. I have the MM spacer kit, but I had also picked up a pair of Steeda mounts that had a little bit of ability to move the bar forward (not as much as I had hoped).

I feel your pain, I'm not sure I'm at the optimal solution yet. I ended up buying both the Prothane 19-408 (4.25in, lowered) and 19-416 (5in, I think this is stock length) and figured out which one fit better (pretty sure 4.25), with some added metal washers as spacers to reduce any preload.

If you can measure the approximate gap you need at ride height, Prothane has a part calculator that will tell you what part number has that spacing:

My MM control arms are forward offset, so I also need to move the sway bar frame mount points forward a bit. I have the MM spacer kit, but I had also picked up a pair of Steeda mounts that had a little bit of ability to move the bar forward (not as much as I had hoped).

Thanks for your reply. I think I'll try to get a sway bar relocation kit and then measure to see what will work. I've attached some pictures to show what I'm talking about. The end link bushings are sitting very sideways at the moment. Not a big deal to try out a couple different things but just annoying at the moment.

Attachments

• Resized_20240511_095116.jpeg
    Resized_20240511_095116.jpeg
    477.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Resized_20240511_095103.jpeg
    Resized_20240511_095103.jpeg
    540.1 KB · Views: 14
  • Resized_20240511_095133.jpeg
    Resized_20240511_095133.jpeg
    572.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Resized_20240511_095155.jpeg
    Resized_20240511_095155.jpeg