sn95 t5 in a fox or vice versa

lickem

Sep 11, 2005
lake elsinore ca
ive been wondering lately if it was possible to put a t5 from a fox in a sn95 or taking the sn95 t5 and putting it in a fox and so i did a search on here and found a post from someone back in 05 that said it was possible to do but there wasnt really anything indepth on what needed to be done for the swap to work in both.

anyone know exactly what has to be done for this to work? how to put a sn95 t5 in a fox or how to put a fox t5 in a sn95

also what is the benefits of actually doing this swap if any? is it just the fact that it can be done or is there something to be gained? is one more available then the other? cheaper? im kinda confused on why anyone would go through the trouble of actually doing it if there isnt anything to be gained.

• Sponsors (?)

The main difference in those transmissions is the sn-95 t-5 has a longer input shaft, about an inch. So, you have to run the sn-95 bell housing with the sn-95 t-5. I also think you might have to shorten the drive shaft up an inch, not sure if it will go in the tail shaft that much farther. If you are going with the fox t-5 into a sn-95 you would have to use the fox bell housing with it and a drive shaft spacer. I believe that is the only difference, so it would not benefit you for the swap.

i think you kinda highlighted my point of it being a whole lot of trouble for 0 benefit. why would anyone want to do that?

did the sn95 ever come with a 2.95 first gear? is that maybe why someone would want a fox trans in a sn95?