Snow In PA!

MustangGurl2695

Nov 17, 2002
Easton Pa
It's only November 18th and it's snowing!!! Yes, it is a big deal. We haven't gotten much snow in the past few years, and to get this snow so early is amazing. Here's a few pics I took earlier this morning. There's much more snow on the ground, houses, and cars now than in the pics.

View attachment 347400

View attachment 347402

View attachment 347405
I'm not photogenic... :nonono:

Dad was camping this weekend and still hasn't come back, so no pictures of him, or the Cobra in the snow.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm just over the PA border 15 miles into N.Y. on route 81 and it's dry here:nice:

I slept in late today so maybe I missed any we had, I hate seeing this stuff again.
I remember it snowing as early as Halloween about 10 years ago:notnice:

at least you get snow. here in southern arizona we might get snow in the mountains for about 2 minutes. then its gone.

Dude, you should have been there over the Christmas '86 - New Years '87 holidays. Snow on the ground for 10 days out at my place on Cortaro/Silverbelle. There were about 45,000 less houses in the neighborhood, so we had acres and acres of snow to play in. And boy did I get in trouble!

I'm out running two of our dogs in front of the house; and neither of them had any idea what snow was. I'm scooping snow off my Gran Torino and Mrs StDr's Tempo, and throwing it for the dogs. Both dogs hate to get wet, but they're catching snowballs in the air and freaking out when it turns "wet and splashy" when they catch it; only to leap and catch the next one I've thrown.
Yeah, I'm easily amused :rolleyes:

Anyway, I get this wild idea to call out for my wife (I can see her in the kitchen window); and nail the kitchen porch door with a snowball just as she's opening it.
Yeah, you guessed it.

She thought something was seriously wrong and whipped open that door a lot faster than I expected it!!!:eek: :eek: :eek: :jaw: :eek: :eek: :eek:
THEN something was seriously wrong.
I had "lofted" that snowball, and she opened the door just about the time it was at its apogee of flight.
And..... well...... you know how momentum and gravity work :nonono:

It cost me Prime Rib at Old Father Inn and a sitter for then-4-month-old cowgirl tink; but Mrs StDr finally forgave me. :D

Heh, one of the only pictures of me around here besides the one of me and Uncle BBFCM at the cape after FFR.
You get a good shot of me every now and then... but cameras and I don't mix if I'm the subject not the photographer.

Snow...with 77 days of water remaining and counting (although that will soon go up as we finally convinced the corps of engineers that people need water more than the purple bank claimbing mussel) I'd be happy with a hurricane.

And you're plenty photogenic, every teenage girl thinks she's not photogenic and 99% of them are wrong. :) My 17 year old brother's jaw just dropped.

And you're plenty photogenic, every teenage girl thinks she's not photogenic and 99% of them are wrong. :) My 17 year old brother's jaw just dropped.

Yup; anybody could notice that. While Dan's out there drinking and singing around the campfire in his SpongeBob boxers; his little girl is growing up! Pretty soon there'll be many more than one "Mini-Dan" chasin' her around; and Dan, Fritz and Pak aren't gonna be enough to catch them all...... :nonono:

Good thing she's the responsible adult in the family :lol:

:rlaugh:
I've never taken much thought to my appearance. I've always been more focused on running around doing stuff, getting dirty, working on the cars. I've had people tell me to 'remember that you're a girl'. I don't know how to do 'girl stuff', honestly. I have to ask my friend's mom, (whom I call mom) about a lot of stuff.
Since dad doesn't know that stuff... Yeah...

Skywalker said:
Heh, not a response I get often, so uh, thanks? ^^;

Sky - Don't worry, I can fix your 17 y/o bro's :jaw: with a good swift STOMP! of my Blue Fuzzy foot!:D

D - You are plenty photogenic........must've gotten your Mom's looks!:nice:

StDr - You nailed the Mrs with a snow ball and she didn't stake your rednecked arse to an ant hill..???:eek:

She must REALLY love you........OR she's biding her time to exact her revenge!:lol:

It's good to have guys that are afraid of you because you know they hold a certain amount of healthy respect and fear of you. If you've got a guy that doesn't give a crap and isn't someone afraid then it's just headed for an overpowering guy dominant relationship, and one that I would get the heck out of at first notice.
Full fear isn't good... but there's gotta be a bit. I'm not one to be walked on.

My dream girl: attractive, makes my life interesting can use a computer to the point i don't constantly have to tell her everything, knows the difference between a corvette and a camaro, can identify a '65 mustang from a '67, doesn't mind getting dirty (take that to mean whatever you like) enjoy movies, loud music, likes going fast and will never turn into a west pac widow.

Thought I'd found her 9 months ago...and then she left me.

And I've never found a woman who made me fear for my personal safety, met a few that made me fear what the world is coming to though.

Fear != respect in my not so humble opinion. If it comes out of fear it's not real respect. I tell the LCPLs and PFCs under me that anytime they are in a leadership position, the people they lead should be more afraid of disappointing you, than what you will do to them. That's real respect.