Snow Tires: Cool With 2, or Worth Going For 4?

Um not really... You can find them brand new for under 100 bucks each. The newest model (ZR rated I think) run at about 145 but some Firestone stores will haggle (some will even compete with internet ads) ;)

Currently Available Prices and Sizes

I have one pair with 15k miles on them and they have maybe 60% of the tread my brand new set I just bought do.

So they do last and I think pay for themselves. Besides, even if you go to the 145 a piece route, it's still cheaper and more reliable than a beater (assuming some one else doesn't hit your car)

Of course in the long run it would be cheapest to find a set of V6 16" wheels to throw them on as well assuming you don't have a break upgrade.

Hmm thats funny last time i checked that site they were like 180 bucks:shrug:, Those prices are wayyyyy better

• Sponsors (?)

Would you ice skate with just one skate, would you play baseball with only a ball would you play pool without a stick?

Blizzaks FTMFW. I picked up a used set of four for 275 last winter with rims, factory size. I saw that the fronts were 2001's so I picked up some WS60's for the front just a few days ago. Even with stock sized tires, it still clawed through the snow.