So is the Volvo Intercooler worth it???

• Sponsors (?)

I would have to say yes. Its not the best IC out there but the best for the price I'm sure. A FMIC is worth it since it cools better unlike the SVO's IC which gets heat soaked setting on the exhaust. I think the most a SVO/TC's IC will allow is like 18-20 psi boost, where a volvo can get up to 25psi or more. Also for every 10 degrees cooler the air temp going in you will gain 1% hp. So not only can you run more boost but you get a hair more pwoer also. That is my opinion anyways and hope it helps.

svolx2003 said:
So is the Volvo Intercooler worth it.....

I got one on my T-Bird.
I'd say at least 25-30HP(that's with dump pipe) gain over stock. Man , I miss my Bird... I gotta get smoke problem fixed and get an N/A hood... My Turbo hood opened and got messed up... :(

turbomx6 said:
I got one on my T-Bird.
I'd say at least 25-30HP(that's with dump pipe) gain over stock. Man , I miss my Bird... I gotta get smoke problem fixed and get an N/A hood... My Turbo hood opened and got messed up... :(

I've got a 88' TC hood, to bad you live a good ways off :(

Pro-Hawk said:
I've got a 88' TC hood, to bad you live a good ways off :(
thanks man. I'm going to get N/A hood off junky, b/c all hardware was ripped off too.
Well, don't really need Turbo hood anymore since I got a FMIC.I need BIG hole in my bumper more than I need scoops right now. In my case , Scoops were just there for "Muscle Car look" and to let rain and road crap into my engine bay.. :lol:

updated some things...

turbomx6 said:
thanks man. I'm going to get N/A hood off junky, b/c all hardware was ripped off too.
Well, don't really need Turbo hood anymore since I got a FMIC.I need BIG hole in my bumper more than I need scoops right now. In my case , Scoops were just there for "Muscle Car look" and to let rain and road crap into my engine bay.. :lol:

Got another functional turbo hood , and it was free too.

here are some updated pics of FMIC.

FMIC1.JPG

FMIC-TC.JPG

TCfront.JPG

Dude!! your kinda missing a chunk out of your bumber!!
Gota watch out for those curbs!!!

LMAO

Looks good though.

I am working on building some custom scoops kinda like the Sierra RS ones. To remove hot air and increase flow thru the radiator.

thanx Turboflush. I think it looks more mean now. Couple days ago some guy asked me if I painted my radiator.. I was like that's IC.... Can't educate these import & V8 heads around here. When I tell its 2.3 turboford , their jaws drop....

I wanna see the scoops your're working on!

I run 22 on mine right now - no probs.

It really does a good job, sure it's not the best, there's always something more exotic/better/$$$ - but for $50 and less, pretty darn hard to criticize it.

Air goes in hot, comes out cool, breathes fine for our displacement, and just couldn't be any easier to install in a foxbody. Like it's made for it.

If I blow it at 26 psi, who cares, I'll grab another.