so what cam are ppl using with THUMPER heads

iluvcars

Founding Member
May 29, 2002
chicago
topic says it all. i recently got a ride in a really nice guy on this forum and he was using a b cam with the thumper heads and cobra intake. ive herd ppl say that the steeda 18 cam would be better than the b cam for the thumper heads. has anyone had experiences with thumper heads and different cams?

• Sponsors (?)

I've read a lot of good posts about Thumper's heads and Tmoss' intake. It would be nice deal for everyone, including Thumper and Tmoss since it would probably increase their business if they went in together with someone that builds custom cams. They could get a good cam design and a deal on a bunch of them, then dyno it and see what everyone can expect with Thumper heads, Tmoss intake, and this custom cam. They could sell it as a package or at least offer the custom cam at a discount since there would be multiple copies of it sold.

i use to use that nify button called search to find the answer to my newbie questions and concerns, but now that it's disabled i gotta ask them all over again, which im sure ppl hate responding to. same questions over and over again! sorry guys!!!

I asked Mike(Thumper460) and he said that his heads don't need any extra help with the exaust, so dual pattern cams might not be as effective as in other heads. The B cam seems to be really effective with his heads. I am going to stay stock but with some Crane 1.72RR's. The stock cam is not bad. I will ecentually do a cam someday.

hi its me again, only almost a year later. after almost a year of thinking it over im goin to do the thumper/tmoss buildup. still am not sure about the cam, but im heading towards a comp cams XE270.

Im looking into the the Thumper heads myself. You just cant beat the price and be in the 12's N/A.

I think a couple people are running the TFS1 cam with Thumpers.

How much CFM do Thumpers flow?