Sold it

westgastang5.0Coyote

15 Year Member
Sep 24, 2008
Temple,Ga
Sold my 97 gt about 2 weeks ago so now i'm in the market for another stang. My first thought is terminator and possibly a mach 1. I know about the tick issue but, that issue can be solved with a cooling mod on the head. Also another thing is insurance and just deciding which one. I'm really leaning towards the terminator. Give me your thoughts guys on the yays and nays of the terminator vs. mach.

• Sponsors (?)

Yup, depends on what you want.

If you want a car that you are going to race a lot and want to make a lot of power out of, it's a no-brainer: Cobra.

If you want a drop-dead sexy car with a functional shaker hood that you aren't going to go beyond bolt-ons with: the Mach 1 takes the cake. And bolt on Machs are still very fast; someone on the forums here was well into the 12s with bolt ons and slicks.

I was just keeding :D

Denial. See you soon.
grass-greener.jpg

Yeah those machs are sexy but it's just something about that terminator. What are you guys thoughts on the irs? I know some don't like it and others love it. Just curious because I've never driven an irs car.

IMOP the IRS is a awesome piece. That's why I spent the cash to swap one into my gt. I also added a complete bushings kit from full tilt boogie. The difference is night and day. The rear end no longer shakes over rough pavement and the car is more predictable. I also noticed that I can control the car better when the rear tires break loose. Overall I think it makes the car just flat out better all around.

I'm curious about an irs drivn car now. Thinking I may need to drive one.

I would deffinetly drive one first. You either love the IRS or you hate it there really doesn't seem to be any middle ground with it. However if you plan on taking your car to the strip often you will want a solid.

Also know that a IRS with upgraded bushings is a night and difference from stock. so make sure you know what has been done to the car if you test drive one.