Solid radiator hose

Methodical

Dec 1, 2003
Clinton, MD
Where can I get solid chrome or any other color upper and lower radiator hoses? I checked with MAC and the sales rep said they no longer sell them although they still have them in their catalog.

Peace
Al

• Sponsors (?)

Al

I remember someone saying that double pipe was getting very hard to find and the prices on them has gotten to be outta sight.

I got tired of the hassle it gave me so I just went back to the way Ford did it in the sixty's.

I cut both tubes off and went with two regular heater hoses.

I can now pull that valve cover off without draining coolant. Those hard lines were always a sore spot with me.

Grady

Ram000 said:
do you want it for cosmetic reasons or because your hose wrinkles up?

No I don't want them for cosmetics. It seems that when I rev the car under the hood it sucks in a little which scares me. As a matter of fact the hose seemed soft when I purchased it. The car comes nowhere to overheating and the hose is full but still sucks in a little. I used to have the hose with the spring in it which kept it from doing that. I can't seem to find them anymore.

95cobraguy said:
i have the mac upper and lower chrome tubes and they're sweet, i cant believe they dont make them anymore. did u try any other vendors, i know other people were selling the mac tubes.

Correction. The sales rep and Texas Mustang said that MAC no longer makes them. I was a little skeptical of that. I will check around. I just was hoping someone could give me a vendor that I could purchase them from.

Methodical said:
Where can I get solid chrome or any other color upper and lower radiator hoses? I checked with MAC and the sales rep said they no longer sell them although they still have them in their catalog.

Peace
Al

Sorry Al :(

I read your original post all wrong :notnice:

I got it all hosed :)

Grady