Some Clarification: '03 Mach 1 vs '01 Cobra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angus

Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
PA
Not trying to revive the flame-fest that the other thread had degraded to,
but since there was some inaccurate info posted there...

GS4LEX said:
I read in MMandFF mag that the MACH has really weak pistons and rods, where as the 99/01 cobra has a strong crank and better internals. So wouldn't the cobra be much better if u plan on adding boost or juice?

STUD said:
I don't care if the stock mach1 is a hare faster in the straight line, the MUSTANG COBRA engine is HAND BUILT with a forged crank, and better internals.

The '03 mach & the '01 Cobra have basically the same shortblock, with the exception of a slight compression increase from 9.85:1 to 10:1.
They both have the same forged steel crankshafts, weak cast powder connecting rods & Hyper-u-craptic pistons.

Both the Mach 1 & the '01 Cobra are equally as weak (or as strong) when boost is concerned.

Hand-built, yes. Better internals? Nope...

STUD said:
The mach's fall in power after 5k. My cobra makes 25 more hp between 5k and 65k, than the mach1 stock. The MACH 1 may have a little more power down low, but both cars fully modded(bolt-ons), the 99-01 cobra will pull on it after 5500rpm.

Not true at all.
Look at this dyno graph comparing my stock '01 Cobra to my stock '03 Mach 1 & tell me where all this extra Cobra top-end or mid-range power is:

01%204v%20vs%2003%204v.jpg

STUD said:
The bottom line, Mach's are assembly line cars, with assembly line motors and body's. The COBRA'S are HAND built by specially trained SVT techs on ROMEO'S NICHE LINE at the DEARBORN assembly plant.

The only thing hand-built about the '01 Cobra was the engine - the rest of the car goes down the regular assembly line, just like the V6/GT/Mach 1 cars...

Bottom line - both are great cars & should be respected for what they offer, no matter which one you choose. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the help. These Cobra guys just don't get it. Its like when your 4 or 5 years old and the family has a new baby...Your so jealous of the new baby cause you are old news now. Well the 01 Slowbra is not the king of the hill now and the new baby (Mach 1) is getting to much kundos and attention as far as there concerned...

SVOKING said:
Thanks for the help. These Cobra guys just don't get it. Its like when your 4 or 5 years old and the family has a new baby...Your so jealous of the new baby cause you are old news now. Well the 01 Slowbra is not the king of the hill now and the new baby (Mach 1) is getting to much kundos and attention as far as there concerned...

oh no, not you again. :notnice: Angus made some intelligent comments and that's fine, but if memory serves me correct, your the "COBRA FLAMER". i've seen many of your ridiculous posts in the past... :D credibility=GONE.

SVOKING said:

What the heck is a kundo??

peace

Think he meant Kudo's ?? Whatever.. I don't wanna get involved in this flamer..

----

The only quam I have had with a Mach 1 was when I entered a SAAC Car Show in CT last year and lost to a Mach1 in my SVT Class.. What a bunch of retards runnin that show (I'll Never go again).. Everyone knew even then that the Mach1 was NOT an SVT... But they gave him the Trophy anyways.

:nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

dark_cobra_01 said:
Think he meant Kudo's ?? Whatever.. I don't wanna get involved in this flamer..

----

The only quam I have had with a Mach 1 was when I entered a SAAC Car Show in CT last year and lost to a Mach1 in my SVT Class.. What a bunch of retards runnin that show (I'll Never go again).. Everyone knew even then that the Mach1 was NOT an SVT... But they gave him the Trophy anyways.

:nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

huh huhhuhhuh huh....he said flamer... :lol:

Wait a minute... his name is SVOKING...wasn't SVO the "old" SVT?

SVOKING said:

First off the NEW BABY is the 03/04 Cobra...sorry to burst your bubble.

Second you drive a Ford and do nothing but call it a SLOWBRA...you just need to STFU and go away.

I personally like both cars.

SVOKING said:
Angus, regarding the HP difference at 5k rpm-6500 rpm. I was referring to my bolt-on modded cobra. My dyno sheet shows 25 more hp between 5000 rpm and 6500 rpm than a stock mach 1. Also, I know someone with a mach1 and all the bolt-ons, he maxed at 295rwhp with the same mods that I recorded 311rwhp. Same dyno. I don't know, maybe the 99-01 cobra's have more potential with mods than the mach's do.

SVOKING, why is it necessary to call people names. Nobody called you any names. I guess that's the best you can do intellectually. People will usually resort to name calling only when they can't think of anything more intelligent to say. I don't care for MACH 1's, but that does'nt mean I don't think they're a great performance car. You're in the wrong forum, and nobody cares about your childish debate. Who cares which car gets more attention. Lot's of people love my car, and some people probably don't, do I care, heck no. SVOKING, learn to debate rationally with no add-homonyms, and maybe just maybe, people will begin to treat you like an adult, and not a child.

Later

Angus said:
Not trying to revive the flame-fest that the other thread had degraded to,
but since there was some inaccurate info posted there...

The '03 mach & the '01 Cobra have basically the same shortblock, with the exception of a slight compression increase from 9.85:1 to 10:1.
They both have the same forged steel crankshafts, weak cast powder connecting rods & Hyper-u-craptic pistons.

Both the Mach 1 & the '01 Cobra are equally as weak (or as strong) when boost is concerned.

Hand-built, yes. Better internals? Nope...

Not true at all.
Look at this dyno graph comparing my stock '01 Cobra to my stock '03 Mach 1 & tell me where all this extra Cobra top-end or mid-range power is:

01%204v%20vs%2003%204v.jpg

The only thing hand-built about the '01 Cobra was the engine - the rest of the car goes down the regular assembly line, just like the V6/GT/Mach 1 cars...

Bottom line - both are great cars & should be respected for what they offer, no matter which one you choose. :nice:

NICE! :nice: anyone in ri wanna run ther 99/01?

LOL, I'm not childish. People that can only resort to saying "well mines a cobra..." or "I got the mystic of a cobra" are the ones that are childish. Believe it or not I have tryed being rational with you 01 Cobra owners....IT DOESN'T WORK!!! People put up post after post verifying that the 03-04 Mach 1 is a better car for the money than the 01 Slowbra was and you guys just ignore it with smoke and mirrors. For example: "My engine was hand built..." what does that mean?? Noone can explane to me why that is SOOO much better than a machine?? or "Mach 1 looses steam at the top end and thats where the 01 Slowbra comes on strong" What??? All the dyno sheets I've seen say otherwise....

So I guess my point is this. You 01 Slowbra need to realize that your precious Slowbra is just another mustang with a different badge. I like to compare cars, not badges. You guys like to think your elite or something cause it says "Cobra" on the bumper. Take away the badges and the Mach 1 is 98% better. I'll give you 2% on your little IRS. But how many people really buy a mustang to drive it auto X?

P.S. Please don't flame me

SVOKING said:

All I can think of when I re-read this post, is some movie I watched years ago where some kid taunted an adult by saying "Nee-ner Nee-ner Neeeeeeen-er!"

peace

good he's gone, what kind of mustang owner calls the king of the road a "slowbra" anyway?

you know if the 01 is slow and he claims the mach is just a hair faster, then that makes svoking a hair faster than slow hmmmmm

what a tard

SVOKING said:
You 01 Slowbra need to realize that your precious Slowbra is just another mustang with a different badge. I like to compare cars, not badges. You guys like to think your elite or something cause it says "Cobra" on the bumper. Take away the badges and the Mach 1 is 98% better.

P.S. Please don't flame me

:lol: :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :lol:

Wow, 98% of your mustang is revised heads, cam, and a shaker hood! Man, I wish I could have some of your logic. Sounds like someone really likes their Mach1 and can't stand other people's affinity with SVT products. I dare you to find a quote, from this site, that backs up ANY of what you're saying with regards to an '01 owner saying their car is flat out "better" than a Mach 1. They were built with a different purpose and did you realize your beloved Mach is, as you say, just another Mustang with a badge.

Your posts are extremely amusing, I get a kick out of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.