Some mods and opinions

Malecoda

Feb 3, 2009
Freehold NJ
Hey everyone im new here to the forum. Just wanted to ask some opinions on some mods ive done so far to my 08 V6 Mustang.
I installed a BBK CAI and a single Flowmaster AT axleback exhaust so far. The intake has been in my car now for about 2 weeks and I'm very happy with it, def noticed a difference from stock. The exhaust I just installed today and I'm not 100% about it. It seems to have a ricey sound to it that I'm not impressed with. So I guess my question or what I'm getting at it is have any of you guys noticed that same thing? That the Flowmaster has a ricey tone to it or is it just me?

• Sponsors (?)

No, it's got a ricey sound to it. Nearly every muffler out there does ... The only thing I've heard that doesn't is GT muffler(s). I just put dual GT mufflers on my girlfriend's V6 and it sounds good. It's not loud by any means but it sounds deeper, louder, and there is a performance gain. I'd also suggest getting a custom tuned Xcal3 to take advantage of the intake and to prevent any lean conditions.

Single GT Muffler ... 2006 V6.

rebgtmuffler.jpg

Thanks NastyStang for the info, glad its not just me. Ive def been looking into getting a tuner. But first i gotta get some new wheels for her the V6 stock wheels are fugly imo. Oh and since I'm kinda stuck with the Flowmaster now do you think new headers may help the sound at all?

Actually the flowmaster do have mopre of a ricey sound to them. Magnaflow and Borla, which are more expensive, have a little deeper sound. I used to have a 98 v6 mustang, and what I did was I bought a 12 inch glasspack and that was it and it gave it more of a deeper sound to it. I didnt have a lot of money to spend and I didnt want to put money into that car seeing as now I have an 07 GT. But I honestly would spend the extra money and get something that sounds good. Go onto youtube and just search for different clips of exhaust. Good luck, and hope I helped