Some more plenum/tb test info :)

Today as I was waiting for the algnment for my car.. I went to a book store and pick up a MM&FF. There was lots of good article there.. Then I came across the plenum/tb test section...

It was on a 390 rwhp 2v stang. So I read on.. The test were conducted with 4 plenums. Accufab 75mm, Dragon, Trickflow, and C&L. Every candidates put out 401-403 rwhp except for accufab which beat all the best with 407 rwhp.. these tests were conducted with accufab 75mm TB I believe.. (Forgot the tq numbers)

So in conclusion, with 03trublugt (Matt)'s result on 2v N/A car and MM&FF 2v s/c car.. accufab won the competition..

There was another article about SLP exhaust installation. They installed the full SLP exhaust and gained 22 rwhp and 18(?) rwtq over stock..

Thought I share :)

• Sponsors (?)

dhjones said:
This was obviously on a blown car. I wonder what it would do on a N/A engine??? Enquiring minds want to know!
Actually it was N/A. It was an early 98 motor 'wrecking yard special' rebuilt with cams, CNC ports PI heads, matching PI intake, Hooker long tubes, MSD coil packs, electric water pump, etc - it also was using the F.A.S.T. electronic fuel injection system, so no MAF was necessary - looked kinda funny with the air filter attached directly to the TB!

03-s281 said:
It also said that Trick Flow made the largest power gain of the group
at 17hp and 12lb-ft over stock. But Accufab made the highest peak power.
I am happy with my decision.
I'm just glad TF wasnt last. :D

MM&FF's math is off. The TFS was quite a performer, and a bargain, but with a base of 390HP and 403HP after the install, that's an increase of 13HP. The Accufab with the 75mm TB produced 407HP; there's the 17HP increase. The TFS was the winner...til Accufab realized the benefit of the 75mm TB on this engine and pulled out the win with the 17RWHP increase.