Some new parts

Well, I decided that my car needed some new parts. So I have started collecting some stuff.

I got rid of the ZEX nitrous kit I had. It hit very well, but I was just wanting to next best thing. So Clay at Nitrous Express hooked me up with their 2v plate kit.

IMG_6375.jpg

I also decided to go ahead and build the rear end in my car. I decided to go with FRPP 4.10 gears, and their 31 spline cobra differential w/ upgraded clutches. Mike @ QMM has hooked me up with a pair of Moser 31 spline axles, and a UPR differential girdle. The axles will be here later this week.

IMG_2765.jpg

IMG_6399.jpg

The clutch in my car decided to go out on my right before I left for New York. I plan on swapping to a built 4R70W in the near future, so I opted for a used clutch and flywheel set up. I definitely got a steal on this set up. It's a Centerforce Dual Friction clutch and Fidanza billet steel flywheel. Both the flywheel and clutch have around 10k miles on them.

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_9822.jpg

Once the axles come in, I will post up pictures. I have a few other parts that I will be ordering very soon, but that will be kept a secret for the time being.

• Sponsors (?)

Very nice! You are gonna like that clutch! I put the same one in my car last year and its great. Grabs hard and the pedal pressure is like stock. Your setup is alot like mine except I'm still running a nozzle kit instead of a plate. I may upgrade to a Harris Speedworks plate one of these days though. We basically have the same drivetrain setup now. You will love how hard your car will pull with the 4.10's + nitrous!

edit: I was looking at some of my timeslips to try and give you an idea of what your 9.92 in the 1000' equates to in the 1/4. Some of my closest 1000' times to that were 9.95 and I ran a 11.90 and another where I ran 9.87 1000' and the 1/4 was a 11.80. So before your new mods you were probably running 11.8x's. You will be running mid 11's pretty easy now I would bet.

Thanks Tim,

I have done a lot of reading on the CF DF clutch and everyone really seems to love them. Plus I got the clutch and flywheel for $250, so I couldnt pass that up.

I'm pretty excited to see how it pulls with the 4.10's on spray. Especially with the other parts I was telling you about in the PM, I hope it runs good.

Speaking of your 1/4 vs my 1000ft times, what was your 1000ft time in that 11.54 run? What kind of 60ft did your car cut on that pass?