someone explain this to me...

Discussion in '1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-' started by bhuff30, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Ohhh, the full story is coming out. What did it take to get your car down to 2710? the curb weight is 2750 for a hatch, which means you can expect it to weigh ~2900+ without the driver. I estimate my race weight to be 3100.... but I am working on that.
    I am in the process of pulling the insulation underneath the interior out, and I am pretty sure I am going to yank the AC which I really don't feel like fixing again. I also added a TON of weight in the form of other upgrades. Pony wheels with 245 tires is the biggie, but I also have all different (and heavier speakers) with a single 10" sub and 11" brakes instead of the little 10" brakes. I have added way to much rotating mass. :nonono:
    I am also planning to get coil overs and if I can afford it, a fiberglass SVO hood. that would just be cool.
    PS, maybe I should lose a little weight. :shrug:

2. Full story?

All I did was eliminate the sound deadener in the cabin, remove the extra layers
    of carpet whatever in the hatch along with the sound deadener there. Then I
    took out the spare tire. Nothing anyone else couldn't do.

I still like to attribute it to my "skills" but don't have much to compare it to.
    No one else really raced their SD 5 speed to know.