someone school me, cop and coil packs.

Kid Capri

Founding Member
Dec 28, 1999
Im not to familiar with the 4.6 engines, but im thinking of picking up a 1997 cobra. Ive had a 2004 mach1, and after looking at the engine on the cobra, it has coil packs, not cop as my old mach did. Now, can a 97 be converted to the newer cop, and if so has anyone done this? Thanks for the help or info.

• Sponsors (?)

distributor cap?
:shrug::rolleyes:

Yeah, probably can be done as they are 'essentially' the same engine. Now I'm certain many folks can pipe in here and talk about the differences, but like the 2v from 96-04, they are 'essentially' the same. How to convert from packs to COPs...? Dunno, good question. (You shoulda held onto that Mach my friend :D)

I wish I would have kept it to, but I went through a divorce and some things had to go:mad:. I like how much cleaner the engines with the cop look.

I'm with ya there buddy, especially when you can hide it all underneath coil covers! :D

55606d1221221587-air-intake-pics-machmotordressedup.jpg

it is not worth the money or time to do a cop conversion. you would need a whole new harness and computer from a newer mustang. just live with the wires and put that money towards making it go faster! :D i also hate the wires going everywhere on the motor. :nonono: