something very wierd is happening!!!!

speed insanity

Mar 15, 2004
CT
i was driving down from upstate new york today and all of a sudden i pull up to an S4 and so i nod at him and i down shift to 4th and the car started to bog (hesitate) and i immidiately down shifted to 3rd and the same thing happened so i shifted to 5th again but the guy was gone :shrug: and then i noticed just when i floor the pedal half way it starts to do that and that happens in every gear....i am very worried my car only has mufflers so its pretty much stock...i dont know what could be wrong with it ??? any help would be greatly appreciated

ps: this is a 1999 gt

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah that seems to look like what happends to me. I was fixing my cold air intake and when i was done i forgot to plug in my MAF and i started the car, it idled fine and soon as i hit the gas it hesitated and check engine light came on. Plugged it back in and it was fine. So it could be a bad MAF or maybe TPS

the check engine light wasnt on.....ummm i was on less than 1/8 tank of gas...i dont know if that could be a problem???? it was running fine until i floored it half way the guages read normal....no funny smell or smoke that i noticed

As anyone who has ever run out of gas before knows, when you start to run out of gas, the more you push on the accelerator, the slower it goes. Just a thought since you said you had less than an 1/8 of a tank.

^ lol.
First thing I said was,"you just ran out of gas". First thing to do...fill er up.

Let us know the results...other than that, maybe a fuel filter or bad fuel pump?

This guy has the answer:

your 'stang is going through puberty, it's a rough time in it's life, give it some space and listen to all it's complaints...you two can get through this, TOGETHER

:lol: :lol:

DTMach1 said:
your 'stang is going through puberty, it's a rough time in it's life, give it some space and listen to all it's complaints...you two can get through this, TOGETHER

:rlaugh: :rlaugh: :hail2:

Before tearing anything down and launching on a project, fill it up and try again. The tanks in our cars are not designed very well. KB reccomends not running boost if below 1/4 tank because of fuel starvation. Hopefully, that's the problem.

How many miles on your filter, I had 18,000 on mine when I got just what your exper.

My car would be at a nice 11.5 AF, then around 4000-4500 rpm it shot off the chart.

hope this helps :shrug: