sorry guys, my last ques. about DR

• Sponsors (?)

The 245 is supposed to go on an 8 inch wheel. Look it up, I did. I have 245/50's on my 16 inch ponies and I wish I hadnt gone that route. The rear is squirrley like its on marbels. If you corner all of a sudden it feels real loose in the rear. It never felt that way with the 225/55's that were on there. I say stick to the 225 or get a wider rim, you will be much safer driving it on the street. Also the at the big end of the track mine is swaying a bit in the rear, its not scary really, but I am only trapping 97mph. That was at 35psi also, same as I run them on the street. Mine are nitto 450's, not DR.

Im not looking to increase my tire size! I want some "DR"'s they want be on the car but 2-3 months out of the year! I know they will mount on the rim,I want to know if I can keep my "quad shocks" on!

The BFG DR's tend to be a bit wider than most other tire companies. Their 255/50/16 are too big for a 16x7 wheel. Nitto's 245/50/16 will fit pretty decently.....the other guy is right about the handling being a little worse, but what the hell are you going for when you buy drag radials?! Handling or straight line traction?

And YES they will fit with the quad shocks still on.

maverick0716 said:
The BFG DR's tend to be a bit wider than most other tire companies. Their 255/50/16 are too big for a 16x7 wheel. Nitto's 245/50/16 will fit pretty decently.....the other guy is right about the handling being a little worse, but what the hell are you going for when you buy drag radials?! Handling or straight line traction?

And YES they will fit with the quad shocks still on.
**BINGO--Thanks Mav!