Sound Deadening, I Want My Cake And Eat It Too!

FoxMustangLvr

I love my Pimp
SN Certified Technician
Oct 14, 2012
Spokane, Wa
I am soon about to move on to the interior portion of my build and I'd like some feedback from people that have installed sound deadening material on their floor. I like a good sounding exhaust but would like to keep the volume, rattles and clunks minimized inside as much as possible. Don't care for your opinions on mufflers, only on what is the best value and best performing sound deadening material. What brand do you recommend? Thickness? I'm looking at GTMAT, FATMAT, DYNAMAT, ETC. The GTMAT seems affordable with great reviews. You can get 100 sq. ft for $140 and comes with degreaser & roller applicator.

GTMAT
Amazon product ASIN B008KMOA60View: http://www.amazon.com/GTMAT-Automotive-Sound-Deadening-50mil/dp/B008KMOA60

FatMat
Amazon product ASIN B003TUNRGMView: http://www.amazon.com/FatMat-Self-Adhesive-RattleTrap-Deadener-Install/dp/B003TUNRGM/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1423684133&sr=8-7&keywords=automotive+sound+deadening

Any other brand that would be better for the price?

• Sponsors (?)

I used Stinger Road Kill and am 100% satisfied. Was cheaper than Fat Mat too. I bought a floor and trunk kit, but ran short. I think 2 floor kits would do it all the way, but I recommend doing the underside of the deck lid and doors too. Mine is quiet, but could be a lot better with that done too, I'd bet.

I used Stinger Road Kill and am 100% satisfied. Was cheaper than Fat Mat too. I bought a floor and trunk kit, but ran short. I think 2 floor kits would do it all the way, but I recommend doing the underside of the deck lid and doors too. Mine is quiet, but could be a lot better with that done too, I'd bet.
Thanks bro, can you double this stuff up in some areas to increase quietness?

Should be able to. I plan on doing that as soon as I have some extra money laying around. Ill do another layer in the trunk, put a layer on the deck lid, and do the doors and roof. It'll add 50 lbs to the car, but I bet you could hear a gnat fart at 70 mph.

Reactions: 1 user