Sound System

• Sponsors (?)

Delphi is also providing four other products on the new Mustang including the intrusion and inclination sensor module, smart electrical distribution center, 6 CD in-dash audiophile radio and the Delphi passive occupant detection system. Two Audiophile systems are available in the Mustang, a Shaker 500 with 500 watts of peak power and the Shaker 1000 with 1000 watts. On cars equipped with either system, each door has its own subwoofer in a ported enclosure. This allows the door-mounted woofers to produce more "thump" than if they were housed in the bare door. The 1000-watt version adds a mounted, ported enclosure in the trunk that includes two more subwoofers.

Both systems include an in-dash six-CD changer that has the capability to play discs with MP3 computer files. This allows customers to play as many as 200 compressed music files from one disc, making the Mustang’s six-disc changer capable of becoming its own jukebox with more than 1,200 songs, or 60 hours of music.

In the trunk, the subwoofer enclosure for the 1000-watt system takes up significantly less space than in the last Mustang. Computer-aided engineering enabled developers to keep its interior volume the same (to produce the same bass) while taking up less usable space in the trunk.

how about satelite radio. that might be nice in the new stang. if i could i'd order my gt without a radio and install a clarion-microsoft auto pc with dvd in-dash just in case i wanted to watch tv, a movie, check my email, call home hands-free or just listen to xm.
Is this a bunch of bananas?????​
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

sajawebb said:
how about satelite radio. that might be nice in the new stang. if i could i'd order my gt without a radio and install a clarion-microsoft auto pc with dvd in-dash just in case i wanted to watch tv, a movie, check my email, call home hands-free or just listen to xm.
Is this a bunch of bananas?????​
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

XM will be an option.