spindle recognigition page, need opinions please.......

streetgrande69

Founding Member
Nov 2, 2002
Splendora, Tx
spindle recognition page, need opinions please.......

Hi, I just wanted to get everyone’s opinion on this page, spindle recognition page. I got it cuz I have a lot of people ask me about the differences between the different spindles.

If you like, or have changes or additional info, please let me know. Hope this can help some of you out there.
Eric

http://www.trinitysmustangs.com/Spindle_recognition.htm

• Sponsors (?)

eric, i do see a problem with it. for one the 65-66 cars used a different for I-6 and v8 cars, also 67 disc spindles are the same as drum spindles just like 65-66 cars. it was 68 whne they went to th single piston floating caliper. you might also want to note somewhere that the drum brake spindles had 4 mounting bolts for the backing plates and the disc cars had 3 mounting bolts for the dust sheilds, otherwise you have a really good resource there, good job bro :nice:

bnickel said:
eric, i do see a problem with it. for one the 65-66 cars used a different for I-6 and v8 cars, also 67 disc spindles are the same as drum spindles just like 65-66 cars. it was 68 whne they went to th single piston floating caliper. you might also want to note somewhere that the drum brake spindles had 4 mounting bolts for the backing plates and the disc cars had 3 mounting bolts for the dust sheilds, otherwise you have a really good resource there, good job bro :nice:

cool, just the info i was looking for, thanks!

Looks good! Were there drum spindles for the 1970 - 73?

I understand why the Baer kits only work with drum spindles now, the disc ones have those huge caliper mounts in the way.

EDIT: Actually, looking at those pics it seems the caliper mount would unbolt, so wouldn't be in the way.