Sport bike killer, pic inside

909 said:
Thanks everyone, we built it as a toy and it sure is a lot of fun.

Didn't they remove the speed limiter on a bone stock 03 at the salt flats and it ran 176?
Yes Ben I believe they did remove the speed limiter but they still didnt hit top speed because the tires didnt meet the speed ratings.So they had to get out of it a little......by the way good job on the toy :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

gixxer02 said:
Sounds to me like you avoid GSX-R's. Contact me if I am wrong?
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
troll.gif
troll.gif
troll.gif

You guys are too funny. I won't avoid anything,...well,... unless it is that 400 horse Busa you had in that video! I am still wet for that thing.

Gixxer02, I'll give you a chance to redeam yourself from a roll anytime. I don't, and won't ever, have my car set up to get enough traction to run 9's. But from a roll, we should have fun. And I am pretty sure my car will do 190. Hell, I did it last night. I am so excited to race you, I modded my speedometer just so we have something good to video tape. 50-???

Here it is after taking it apart.

Here it is after grinding the stock 165 stop off. Now it is good to 195.

Here is the finished product!!!!

Wow, where do you get the Saleen speedo?

Mine is calibrated exactly to what it was stock. I marked the needle and the pin so I would get it back in the exact same spot. When you plug the instrument cluster back in for the first time and turn the ignition on, it sweeps all the gauges to max. It sweeps the speedo to 160mph exactly, just like it did before I started. I then checked it against two stock cars yesterday, one at 40mph and one at 55mph. So, however off the stock speed is, is what I have. It just goes higher now. I doubt it is accurate up at the top part though.

909 said:
Wow, where do you get the Saleen speedo?

Mine is calibrated exactly to what it was stock. I marked the needle and the pin so I would get it back in the exact same spot. When you plug the instrument cluster back in for the first time and turn the ignition on, it sweeps all the gauges to max. It sweeps the speedo to 160mph exactly, just like it did before I started. I then checked it against two stock cars yesterday, one at 40mph and one at 55mph. So, however off the stock speed is, is what I have. It just goes higher now. I doubt it is accurate up at the top part though.

I have one, but they are not cheap and are hard to come by. But it would be perfect for you.