Spotted: Black Ford GT

• Sponsors (?)

ExCon said:
I can't believe someone actually dropped $150k and bought one! I saw it on Rt 19 in the New Port Richey area of Florida. I'll tell you one thing it sure can't be very easy gettin in and outta that thing!!

Was it black with silver strips? I know Barry Maguire just got him one! Did it have a real nice wax job? If so, it may have been Barry cruising around . . .

[QUOTE='01SilverBullet]When I was looking at the Stangs, Beverly Hills Ford had a white one with blue stripes. I sat in it, didn't seem that difficult to get in and out of. Pretty cool. They wanted $167k for it.

Why can't you believe somebody bought one?[/QUOTE]
I'm fantasizing here, but would it fit a tall driver?

I had heard about dealers getting $250 for it, but that may be dealer propaganda. For $167 grand it's in Aston Martin territory, which is pretty good co.

Let's see...our houshold income is 135k and we can afford two 30k cars so all you need to make to justify a 170k car is about 400k annual income.

ExCon said:
I can't believe someone actually dropped $150k and bought one! I saw it on Rt 19 in the New Port Richey area of Florida. I'll tell you one thing it sure can't be very easy gettin in and outta that thing!!

He (or she) probably dropped more then that. They seemed to be getting 75k or more over list for those bad boys . As soon as I win the $205,000.000.00 Mega Millions I will be getting one too.

topless beach said:
I'm fantasizing here, but would it fit a tall driver?

I had heard about dealers getting $250 for it, but that may be dealer propaganda. For $167 grand it's in Aston Martin territory, which is pretty good co.

Let's see...our houshold income is 135k and we can afford two 30k cars so all you need to make to justify a 170k car is about 400k annual income.

The original car was 40inches tall, hence the 40 in GT40, but it's my understanding that the Ford GT is a little taller for just that reason.

topless beach said:

Ummm... People who spend $153,000 on a car are the people who dont work, or at least they don't have to.

I'd venture the people who buy that car have a personal wealth of at least 5 Mil, if not much more.

Contrarian said:
I'd venture the people who buy that car have a personal wealth of at least 5 Mil, if not much more.

You're right. A GT40 is probably not a daily driver. but wouldn't it be nice to have one of those waiting for you after a workday?

What's in your garage if you win that $205 mil lottery?

topless beach said:
You're right. A GT40 is probably not a daily driver. but wouldn't it be nice to have one of those waiting for you after a workday?

What's in your garage if you win that $205 mil lottery?

1964 Fairlane Thunderbolt,1965 Shelby GT350, 1968 428CJ Mustang GT (fastback), 1969 Boss 302, 1985 Mustang GT (sentimental reasons,my first new car was an 85GT) 05 GT, 06 Shelby GT500,04 SVT Cobra (as my daily driver),a WWII era Willys Jeep ( Besides a gearhead I am a WWII buff.)
And an Expedition for the wife and for doing the family thing.

Svtpilot said:
1964 Fairlane Thunderbolt,1965 Shelby GT350, 1968 428CJ Mustang GT (fastback), 1969 Boss 302, 1985 Mustang GT (sentimental reasons,my first new car was an 85GT) 05 GT, 06 Shelby GT500,04 SVT Cobra (as my daily driver),a WWII era Willys Jeep ( Besides a gearhead I am a WWII buff.)
And an Expedition for the wife and for doing the family thing.
My first new car was an 84 GT. I loved that car--I believe that was the last year the GT had a carburetor. That engine was eager to run.

My best friend in high schoolhad a 50 something Willy's jeep. That thing was indestructable. If a group of crazed teenagers can't tear it up I don't know what would.

I believe I would attempt to obtain the Shelby super snake from gone in sixty seconds cause those things are amazing. An AC Cobra 427, Porsche Carrera GT (somehow get a diff. clutch, apparently there inpossible) and an O7 GT500. for my daily driver. :hail2: :flag: