Springs & Shocks and struts

Sick96Stang

Aug 20, 2004
Gilbert, Arizona
Just got my H&R sport springs installed and Tokico Illumina 5 way adjustable shocks and struts. Anybody have this combination or can tell me how much an improvement this will be when drag racing? I plan on setting the shocks and struts at 1 and 1 is that the best setting for drag racing?

• Sponsors (?)

Miller3179 said:
do u have any pics?... im thinking of switching from sportlines to h&r sport springs.....how does it ride so far....

Gonna go out and take some pics on friday should be dropped all the way by then. I like the ride alot more now feels tighter and cornerning is alot more fun now. H&R sport springs are suppose to be one of the best for drag racing.

with the 5 ways you want the front soft (1) and the rear stiff (4 or 5). Thats whats worked best for me so far. As far as the H&R springs, I have no idea. Thought they were more for looks/handling than for weight transfer like a dedicated drag spring. Good luck and let us know what you 60' times are.

artificial HP said:
with the 5 ways you want the front soft (1) and the rear stiff (4 or 5). Thats whats worked best for me so far. As far as the H&R springs, I have no idea. Thought they were more for looks/handling than for weight transfer like a dedicated drag spring. Good luck and let us know what you 60' times are.
well the H&R supersports leave a rake in the car so that you still have a decent amount of weight distribution and wont hurt 60' times as bad

H&R Sports are about as soft as stock springs but have a bit of a drop to them. H&R Supersports are lower than Sports but are also much stiffer. H&R Race springs don't have near the drop of the Sports or Supersports but they are stiffer in the front than Supersports and a bit softer in the rear for better weight transfer.

My car is almost too low. I need to decide what I want to do.

GDawg said:
H&R Sports are about as soft as stock springs but have a bit of a drop to them. H&R Supersports are lower than Sports but are also much stiffer. H&R Race springs don't have near the drop of the Sports or Supersports but they are stiffer in the front than Supersports and a bit softer in the rear for better weight transfer.

My car is almost too low. I need to decide what I want to do.

I've had my H&R Super Sports on for almost a month now and I haven't really had any scraping problems yet other than getting out of my driveway. Do you have prothane isolators on your springs? That might help you get it up just high enough to help.

ToplessStang said:
I've had my H&R Super Sports on for almost a month now and I haven't really had any scraping problems yet other than getting out of my driveway. Do you have prothane isolators on your springs? That might help you get it up just high enough to help.

Yes, I have urethane isolators on my car. I've hit three pretty bad dips on the freeway doing in excess of 80mph and almost lost my oil pan. Good thing for my "K" member.