Squealing Noise from my 87

I have an 87 Mustang, there is a squealing noise coming from my trans bellhousing, I figured it was the release bearing since it used to go away when I pressed on the clutch, but got louder one day.

I took the trans out to find a good release bearing, replaced it anyways, replaced the pilot bearing, took apart my trans all bearing were good, no rubbing marks anywhere.

I took off the flywheel and noticed that there was marks on the thin steel plate behind it, I flattend it out and bolted everything back up, didn't sqeaul untill I pushed on the clutch, the sqealed all the time.

I took out the trans again cut out the middle part of the plate, sound goes away, push on the clutch, comes back, and stays again.

I havent taken it out for the third time yet, but I was wondering if anybody else had this problem or somthing like it, it all started when I was driving late one night and hit a giant pothole 1 lane wide and very deep, city didn't block it off properly.

I was also wondering if it could be excessive crankshaft endplay possibly moving the flywheel that much to rub no matter where the plate is. Any info would be much appreciated I am tired of taking the trans out.

• Sponsors (?)