SRT Handz: Question for you.

Skidzz

Tinkerbell
Apr 11, 2005
Salt Lake City, UT
Dude, since you're awesome at detail work, I need an expert opinion. While I was in AF tech school in TX, my car developed this white crap in front of each head lamp. I don't know if it was caused by the hot sun, if it's oxidation, or what. What in the blue hell is this? And is there any way to get rid of it short of wet-sanding?

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

I want to do a full detail soon and you're advice would be appreciated. Also, have you posted all the products you use and what each one is for? If not, you should, haha.

• Sponsors (?)

There are products that "cover" that up...but it works for about 2 days and then its back to the same old look, I tried alot of different stuff on my old car, most of it didnt work, some did, but nothing lasted more than 2 days, like handz said, you need paint.

i had this exact thing happen to me with my front bumper on the passenger's side. this also happened to my driver's side rear quarter panel where it meets the trunk deck, as well as a spot on my roof. i am sorry but like others have already said, you will need to have the bumper repainted

this is the route that i took while having other paint work done to my car at the same time. it shouldnt cost much to repaint if thats the factory paint job.

im sorry about your bumper :(

Balls....

The only reason I don't want to have it painted is because then The bumper will look new and the rest of the car will have 14 yr-old paint on it. Oh well, I guess that'll be better than it looks right now.

you can cover it up with a bra?:shrug:

they wont paint the bumper to match the stock specification color hue that came on your car from the factory. they will match the color hue that the paint has now. so unless youre concerned about the bumper being smooth in contrast to a hood thats pitted from road debris, you shouldnt have too much to be concerned about as the color will be blended......then again perhaps you should wait and save up to get the whole car resprayed the stock color?

you can cover it up with a bra?:shrug:

they wont paint the bumper to match the stock specification color hue that came on your car from the factory. they will match the color hue that the paint has now. so unless youre concerned about the bumper being smooth in contrast to a hood thats pitted from road debris, you shouldnt have too much to be concerned about as the color will be blended......then again perhaps you should wait and save up to get the whole car resprayed the stock color?

Yea, if I end up keeping this car, I'll definitely be getting a new paint job. I just haven't decided yet if I'm going to keep it or sell it and upgrade to a newer 'stang.