SRT10...

fiveohwblow

Official Member
Jul 21, 2005
I already posted this in the 5.0 talk section but wanted to share with the NW forum too:)

I was heading home from my buddies birthday party last night when I ran into an SRT10 truck from Dodge. Well, we went to a "closed course"... and went at it. I know roll racing isn't the greatest and is highly debated but I surely enjoy one every now and then to just see.

It was almost 1am and the weather was perfect at just around 60 degrees, no on else around in sight. We went from around 65 mph and finished off fourth. When we started he was around 1 to 1 1/2 car lengths ahead of me and he jumped the gun. I shifted to third and by the time we let off I was multiple car lengths ahead of him

Point is not only to share a worthy kill, but also I thought for sure at least at the lower speeds a truck powered by the viper engine would be even at least a little bit of a challenge... I guess in contrast to others of the past he did alright, but a VIPER ENGINE??? Ill take the win though!:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Nice! Ain't nothing wrong with going from a roll. It would be narrow minded o only do from a stop. YOu have to mix it up, road racing, roll ons, drag racing, etc.
Plus roll on s illiminte driver error by a significant margin.

U gotta love boost :nice:
ABSOLUTELY!!:nice:
Nice! Ain't nothing wrong with going from a roll. It would be narrow minded o only do from a stop. YOu have to mix it up, road racing, roll ons, drag racing, etc.
Plus roll on s illiminte driver error by a significant margin.
Thanks! I appreciate the perspective and agree. I love to mix it up and do all types of racing.

Cool, always fun to race cars/trucks that you never have before :nice:

I have not seen your stang since the HCI was installed. Hows the whine working out for you?

It surely doesnt look anywhere near the caliber yours is, but it is a blast to drive:nice: The whine is doing well, but I have one last little addition to do and then I will be content... with this car at least. Then its onto a different car:D

I would love to enjoy the dunes like you have been! Someday for sure!

It surely doesnt look anywhere near the caliber yours is, but it is a blast to drive:nice: The whine is doing well, but I have one last little addition to do and then I will be content... with this car at least. Then its onto a different car:D

I would love to enjoy the dunes like you have been! Someday for sure!

Justin, your ride is sweet bro, dont need to compare it to anybody elses. The two tone color is one of a kind. I dont know anybody else that has it around it. :nice:

When are you rolling out again so I can check it and zap a couple pics?

As for duning, anytime! Its a total kick in the pants:nice:

I had a Rumble Bee keep antagonizing me one evening on Mill Plain, I was in the 2000 S281SC. Now sure why he even bothered. Those Dodge guys are a strange breed.

Speaking of racing from a roll, my cousins C&L intake and tuned 07 GT would pull on the S281SC. WTF? From a stop, it wasnt very close though.

Justin, your ride is sweet bro, dont need to compare it to anybody elses. The two tone color is one of a kind. I dont know anybody else that has it around it.

When are you rolling out again so I can check it and zap a couple pics?

As for duning, anytime! Its a total kick in the pants.
I know I know, but you cant help but strive for the cleanliness and perfection of your sweet ride! I should be out driving it around sometime soon, I will let you know. Has to be fairly soon as the wife just told me today its time to store it for the winter...:(

As for the duning... that will be my next thing for sure!:nice:

I had a Rumble Bee keep antagonizing me one evening on Mill Plain, I was in the 2000 S281SC. Now sure why he even bothered. Those Dodge guys are a strange breed.

Speaking of racing from a roll, my cousins C&L intake and tuned 07 GT would pull on the S281SC. WTF? From a stop, it wasnt very close though.

oh... You know I was sure the older series three or four of the saleen s/c were fairly restrictive, but it still shouldnt be getting handed its own butt by a N/A GT!!:shrug:

The car put 300rwhp on a Mustang dyno. I know the M90s dont push much air, but come on! Accufab TB, smaller pulley (peaks at about 10-11psi), Green brand filter, 3.73s, and dyno tuned.

Oh well...

The car put 300rwhp on a Mustang dyno. I know the M90s dont push much air, but come on! Accufab TB, smaller pulley (peaks at about 10-11psi), Green brand filter, 3.73s, and dyno tuned.

Oh well...

Wow that doesnt sound right at all! I understand that the Saleens are a bit heavier, but once enertia is already in motion it shouldnt be much of an issue...:shrug: maybe he has a little bung in that C&L intake he didnt tell you about..:rolleyes:

I wouldnt think the Saleens are in the S197 weight range, even with the extra equipment (it is a convertable, too, however). It was funny, every time he was behind me, I could tell when he stomped the peddle, it looked like he was brighting me. :D My goodness are they boaty!

I actually installed the C&L for him... no trick done there. :nonono: