SS Brake lines

1slow95

Founding Member
May 16, 2002
ohio
I'm getting ready to order some cobra brakes but I'm a little confused on the brake lines. LRS has two sets, one with fine threads and one with coarse threads. I think I need the coarse threads but I just wanted to make sure before I ordered them.

Calipers are from a Bullitt, same as the Cobra's just different color.

1994-04 Mustang Cobra Front Stainless Steel Brake Hoses For Coarse Thread by Maximum Motorsports at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

1994-04 Mustang Front Stainless Steel Brake Hoses For Fine Thread by Maximum Motorsports at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

• Sponsors (?)

I'm getting ready to order some cobra brakes but I'm a little confused on the brake lines. LRS has two sets, one with fine threads and one with coarse threads. I think I need the coarse threads but I just wanted to make sure before I ordered them.

Calipers are from a Bullitt, same as the Cobra's just different color.

1994-04 Mustang Cobra Front Stainless Steel Brake Hoses For Coarse Thread by Maximum Motorsports at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

1994-04 Mustang Front Stainless Steel Brake Hoses For Fine Thread by Maximum Motorsports at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

I just went through this. You won't know what the thread size is until you get the calipers. Apparently Ford didn't have a standard for it's suppliers. Some of the kits have both banjo bolt thread sizes to deal with this issue.

LRS is so stupid. If you go to Maximum Motorsports web site they sell the SS hose kit with 2 of each thread size, where LRS separates them into two different kits. Same price at both places too. Looks like I'll just order direct from MM then.

Thanks.

LRS is so stupid. If you go to Maximum Motorsports web site they sell the SS hose kit with 2 of each thread size, where LRS separates them into two different kits. Same price at both places too. Looks like I'll just order direct from MM then.

Thanks.

Dood. Really? Mistakes happen from time to time & this happens to be one of them. Maximum Motorsports recently went through a serious revamp on several part #s & prices & these must have been overlooked in the transition.

I just went & checked stock & either kit you get will have both coarse & fine thread front banjo bolts. As soon as the vendor rep for MM gets in this morning, we'll get the issue fixed right up.

Sorry man I was just a little upset at the time... I've ordered from LRS before and never had a problem. Customer service has been great every time I talked to them. Thanks for clarifying it was just a part number mix up. I did think it was kind of odd I didn't see either of those part numbers on MM's website.

Sorry man I was just a little upset at the time... I've ordered from LRS before and never had a problem. Customer service has been great every time I talked to them. Thanks for clarifying it was just a part number mix up. I did think it was kind of odd I didn't see either of those part numbers on MM's website.

Ah, it happens. No sweat man! All should be well now on the part.

1994-04 Mustang Front Stainless Steel Brake Hoses by Maximum Motorsports at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

Remove shoe, place foot in mouth...