Stangnet gone carbon-fiber?

• Sponsors (?)

dude, its just the new GTR concept's hood, it carbon fiber, so is the intrerior, but its balck, and reminiscent of the old boss's... it looks good, go see some pics of the GTR... somewhere
The GTR is completely race inspired, it has like no internals, and the steering wheel is small and flat like an F1 race car's, it has a rollcage and the such, its hopefully going to be a limmited production type vehicle :nice:

I see carbon fiber hoods kind of like hooters' statement. "Delightfully tacky yet unrefined". Carbon fiber isn't such a bad thing, even though it's big on the ricer scene. Carbon fiber bodies, such as the S7's body are superbly lightweight, hell i could carry it with one arm, but a carbon fiber hood can lead to a closer 50/50 F/R weight balance, getting us 6'ers even closer to the optimum handling weight.

ChrisYellowV6 said:
my problem seeing a carbon fiber hood is all these ricers who put it on their :cough: integras :cough: thinking it will shed 5 seconds off their 1/4 time

so let them put their carbon fiber hoods on their "ricers" when we put them on we know it will like '03 6-speed said even out the weight distribution, not shed 5 seconds off the quarter. carbon fiber is an amazing thing. not my fav but still good

ChrisYellowV6 said:
because in a sense it makes me feel that ford is trying to do the same thing as ricers...claim it cuts off 5 secs off the 1/4.

:stupid: I have to agree with Chris...I'm not feeling the whole carbon-fiber thing...it just doesn't fit the Mustang. Now, I know I'm going to be hated on for this, but after checking out the GTR, I have to say that it is one ugly stang. From the huge Look-at-me! wing on the back to the carbon fiber hood, the GTR Mustang screams RICE. I hate to say that, but think about it guys...I mean, it's a Mustang GT..."R". I thought an "R" badge was reserved for the ricers in particular. :shrug: Well, I don't expect too many people to respect my opinion on this, but that's just the way I feel about it.

"Rice" is not the car, is the driver who makes it rice. The GT-R looks pretty mean IMO. I personally don't like the carbon fiber cuase its just a different color, AND there was some thread on here a while back that some guy had weighted the carbon fiber hood against one of the regular ones and there was I think like less than half a pound of weight difference or something, but a VERY small number it was.

Mean03V6 said:
:stupid: I have to agree with Chris...I'm not feeling the whole carbon-fiber thing...it just doesn't fit the Mustang. Now, I know I'm going to be hated on for this, but after checking out the GTR, I have to say that it is one ugly stang. From the huge Look-at-me! wing on the back to the carbon fiber hood, the GTR Mustang screams RICE. I hate to say that, but think about it guys...I mean, it's a Mustang GT..."R". I thought an "R" badge was reserved for the ricers in particular. :shrug: Well, I don't expect too many people to respect my opinion on this, but that's just the way I feel about it.
I think the car is pretty ugly. But, it
s all real stuff. That's not a "look at me" wing, it's a downforce wing. The hood is just an added touch to a hypothetical RACECAR.

The "R" thing. Just because dip****s put GT badges on their 6 cylinders doesn't make the GT any less cool. Loser ricers putting "Type-R" badges on their standard production cars doesn't remove any prestige from the Type-R program. Yes GT-R is the same as the Skyline's name, keep in mind though that it acualy means somthing. They're not just random letters.

Mean03V6 said:

:stupid:

carbon fiber would be much more acceptable to me if they could find a way to paint it the color of the rest of the car. That way it wouldn't be so obvious.

I went and looked at the GTR...im going to have to agree with mean that it's FUGLY!!! From the carbon fiber hood to the 2 foot spoiler on the back...

gtr2.jpg

GTR-020.jpg

GTR-001.jpg

MustangGT-RConcept_02.jpg

I just think it's screaming FUGLY. They're basing it on the early 80's Trans Am....I don't like that idea. Yes it's nice for one company to respect anothers excellent car, but then you have all these jackasses out there saying that ford is trying to be like GM. There are other ways to try and show respect for a company than making a production automobile from one of their cars, 25 years ago. I highly doubt i'll see GM making a TransStang anywhere in the near future...... :mad:

Attachments

• gtr2.jpg
    gtr2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 110
ChrisYellowV6 said:
:stupid:

carbon fiber would be much more acceptable to me if they could find a way to paint it the color of the rest of the car. That way it wouldn't be so obvious.

I went and looked at the GTR...im going to have to agree with mean that it's FUGLY!!! From the carbon fiber hood to the 2 foot spoiler on the back...

gtr2.jpg

GTR-020.jpg

GTR-001.jpg

MustangGT-RConcept_02.jpg

I just think it's screaming FUGLY. They're basing it on the early 80's Trans Am....I don't like that idea. Yes it's nice for one company to respect anothers excellent car, but then you have all these jackasses out there saying that ford is trying to be like GM. There are other ways to try and show respect for a company than making a production automobile from one of their cars, 25 years ago. I highly doubt i'll see GM making a TransStang anywhere in the near future...... :mad:

:stupid: .....AGAIN. :D Look guys, I'm not trying to Stang hate, I love the Stangs. But, this car is crap in my OPINION. It's like the Neon SRT-4...I don't care how fast it is, if it could run the quarter in six seconds flat, I STILL wouldn't be caught dead driving it. Everything probably is functional, I won't argue that. But it looks really bad. And check out the huge tail lights. When you hit the brakes, the guy behind you goes blind. Maybe I only hate on it so much b/c I don't like the new Mustang design for 05 at all. All Ford is going to do is add fuel to the mid life crisis fire. Now, instead of some 50 year old guy buying a GT and thinking he's 18 again, he's gonna buy one and say "and look, it looks just like the one I used to have." :rolleyes: Newsflash for Mr. Ford: The retro Thunderbird sucks a$$.....the Stang isn't going to work either. Now, I say that, but I bet it WILL sell like crazy b/c of those people I was just talking about..the guys with the money to waste on a wanna-be old school Stang. I say :notnice: , and that's just MY OPINION. :flag:

Attachments

• gtr2.jpg
    gtr2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 119