StangNet member(AdamantiumKnot) involved in SERIOUS accident(airlifted) to hospital

DeadLurker

Daily Driven
Sep 7, 2001
New York
This caught me totally off guard and I feel really bad for Joe as he's a really good kid. I've been trying to get in touch with Joe (AdamantiumKnot) for the past few days and until now didn't know why he wasn't around. Joe was involved in a serious accident at his job. I feel I owe it to him to share this with you guys as he does frequent this site and drives a 98 gt vert.

Here is the news article I found on one of the local boards:
Here's the link to the local Bergen County newspaper article that I just found online:

Car hits gas station attendant in head

Monday, August 16, 2004

ALLENDALE - A gas station attendant was airlifted to a hospital after a minivan struck him, pinning his head between a metal barrier and the vehicle's bumper, authorities said.

Joe Sabino, 20, of Allendale, was working at the Getty station on Myrtle Avenue about 11:15 a.m. Saturday when he bent over to clean the edge of a pump island. A 2003 Toyota Sienna driven by a 58-year-old New York City resident backed away from the air pump to leave the station and hit Sabino in the head, trapping him, authorities said.

Sabino was airlifted to Hackensack University Medical Center, but information about his condition could not be obtained from the hospital on Sunday.

No summons was issued. Police said the minivan driver could not see Sabino because of the height of the vehicle's rear door, authorities said. When officers arrived, they found Sabino conscious and lying on his back.

- Barbara Williams

From what I've heard on the local boards he's listed in critical but stable conditions. Some people have gone to see him and they say he looks pretty banged up as he was pinned by the car that hit him. I'm going to try and see him monday on my day off. He had surgery today and hopefully it went well.

I'm not a very religious person but i'll definitely say a prayer for joe. He's only 20 years old and it's very sad to see something like this happen to someone so young.

-Kamran

I'm sure Joe will see this thread once he's fully recovered.

Here is a picture of Joe:
joe.jpg

• Sponsors (?)