Started the 84 t-top coupe

• Sponsors (?)

how did you get the seat to fit after the mini tub?
Basically just notched the foam to fit.

You know you are always welcome at Hotel Davis!!! We even have Garage Space!
sweet!!!

Damn man, you build a mean car. did you mention a power goal? is it getting stroked? and im guessing this is your wifes car?

I'm not setting a power goal, so then I won't be disappointed, but it is awesome to know that I have the capability to make 1200 hp without hurting the block. it is stroked to 331 that was the point of getting it from DSS. really like that setup. Yes, this is Julie's car and her ideas, I'm just fullfilling her dream.

simply amazing man. :hail2:

This thread is pure win!

Thanks, man.

I can't finish the interior, cause we ended up having the upholsterer redo the door panels to match the seats exactally. Back to the turbo part of the build, made some descent progress...

downpipe010.jpg

downpipe008.jpg

downpipe005.jpg

downpipe006.jpg

001-1.jpg

Looks great. I'm curious as to why you're not running another Hogan intake on this car...?

I guess mostly, trying to keep it looking more period correct, also those Hogan's ain't cheap. We also felt that some of the power went to the top with the Hogan.

Absolutely stunning!!!

I remember not long ago taking a ride in that car when it was just a white TTop coupe!

Thank's Brian. Yea, it doesn't seem like the white car any more. I hope we've done Joestang proud.

Well. Weldcraft said that it could be done-have tailpipes with their kit, so for all the naysayers...
powdercoating002.jpg

powdercoating003.jpg

The mufflers are StainlessWorks, got to hear these things and they sound cool, hope it's the same on our setup.
001-2.jpg

All the tubing is finish welded and ready for sandblasting, then hot coating, or powder coating, depending on the piece...
pipesoffcar002.jpg

pipesoffcar001.jpg

We screwed around with some powder coating and it turned out pretty well, I'm sure it will get better as we do more. We were able to match a color to our trim color too...the bottom color

powdercoating006.jpg

Here are some we got done
powdercoating007.jpg

^ Im with him, do they even make that series Falken tire anymore? I though that was the coolest tread pattern back in high school when they first came out.

This project gets sicker and sicker as the thread goes on. You gonna be at Carlisle this summer with it? I thought I saw the black and red car there a couple years ago, maybe we could represent stangnet and park next to each other at the show if you go. Although I probably wouldn't stand a chance at winning any trophy's then lol