Starter Question

Mark89coupe

Apr 5, 2005
A couple of times this past week I went to start the car and the starter made a noise as if it was just spining free. I would then try again and it would start normal. Whats up with this?

• Sponsors (?)

i had that problem with my 88gt. thought the starter was goin bad, turns out, the starter bolts came loose and twisted. check the starter bolts first, if there loose, put some thread lock or locking bolts, worked for me. hope it helps.

twindragons187 said:
i had that problem with my 88gt. thought the starter was goin bad, turns out, the starter bolts came loose and twisted. check the starter bolts first, if there loose, put some thread lock or locking bolts, worked for me. hope it helps.

I'll check. thanks

Yep, make sure it's mounted properly.

It is usually a sign that the solenoid that pulls the gear into the ring gear is goiing.

I would change the starter at my earliest convenience, rather that wait for it to fail completely.

mine has been doing the same thing since i bought the car 4 years ago. it only does it if its warm outside though. doesnt do it all the time maybe 1 time a week. im just gonna wait it out