STEEDA T/A vs. CHIP

DC'S02'GT

Dec 14, 2003
Dallas, TX
I have a custom burned computer chip by Lonestar Performnce (Dallas) currently in my car. I have not had it dyno tuned but they told me the chip changed my timing, fuel curve, & rev limiter. They did not tell me exactly how many degrees my timing was advanced, they did say that my rev limiter was raised to 6800 RPM. I recently installed an Autometer C2 air/fuel ratio gauge. My reading at WOT is pegged rich. Should I have them dyno tune my car in order to reburn my chip & correct my a/f ratio or do away with the chip & install a STEEDA T/A? I also do not know what changes were made to my fuel curve or a/f ratio. Would I benefit more from the chip or t/a?

MY MODS 2002 GT

Custom Burned Chip (Lonestar Perf.)
STEEDS U/D Pullies
BBK 70mm TB
WMS TB to Fender CAI (screen removed)
P&P Upper Intake Plenum
2-Chamber Flowmasters
MAC O/R H-Pipe
PRO 5.0 Shifter w/STEEDA Tri-Ax Handle
FMS C-Springs
Tokico Illumina Shocks/Struts
Royal Purple 5W-20
Royal Purple Diff Lube & Tran. Lube

• Sponsors (?)

The A/F gauge bounces back & forth unless you are at WOT, then it stays on one reading. So should I just put it on the dyno & find out my a/f ratio acrss the entire rpm range & then go from there? What about te pros & cons between the two?

It wouldn't hurt to dyno it to make sure it is right, the guage should do exactly what you are descriibing. It is just the way the guage and the O2's work. As far as the pro's and con's, with a chip you can get everything set to maximize power. timing fuel etc. with a timing adj, you raise the base timing which may not be the best across the entire curve. It does give you an easy way to back the timing down though if you are running NO2. Personally I have done both, and would recomend the dyno tune.

I don't plan on ever running nitrous so I think I will stick with the dyno tune. I would go with a SC or turbo before I would nitrous. I know it is cheaper than forced induction but I have never been a big fan of being a bottle baby! (not knocking anyone, just not my cup of tea!) Thanks for your help! :nice:

Where did you get your 35th anniv. rear black out panel & how much was it?