Steeda timing adjusters

Blk99SvtCobra

Feb 2, 2004
a Steeda timing adjuster was the worst mod i ever put on my car it felt qwicker at 14 degrees of timming but i was not able to hold any speed i would constantly need to accelerate or slowdown for my ar to stop boging
i turned it down to 11 and stock and it still happend
it felt like my engine was dieing
i removed it today :D woo hoo
and its back and running beautifully again
Dont ever get this part unless youre aiming for a new motor

• Sponsors (?)

It really isn't that great of a mod for these motors. After all I've done with my old Steeda TA, I won't change my timing unless it's by computer on the dyno with A/F. Besides, on some cars (like mine), the adjuster did nothing but cause timing to become retarded due to the knock sensor.

It works fine for me before I put it on I would eat plugs up running nitrous. With the TA I am able to retard the timing a few degrees before I hit the track and the plugs come out fine at the end of the day. I think you installed it wrong or you had a bad TA

Cobracide said:
Dump the T/A and get a good dynotune and chip from a good tuner. They will be able to advance the timing properly w/o the timing adjuster.

this is a good alternative yet an expensive one. T/A is a cheaper solution to people with more mods in the future and do not want to dump $$$ for a dyno tune for every mod they get. But after your about done with hp mods, dumping the timing adjuster and getting a good tune is the best way to go.