Steeda Tri-Ax '03 Cobra

1268melberger said:
I'm pretty new to these Forums......RWTD?? Is that the group that you said would custom tune it?? I have already ordered it from MRT........

Nice shifter......I am going to install the MGW handle on my stock unit and wait for the all new MGW shifter. Spoke to MGW today @ 6 weeks out.
James at Runnin'with the devil.com. If you buy off of him he will dowwnload custom tune for free, as well as all future mods. :p

• Sponsors (?)

Dr. Wu 2000 said:
James at Runnin'with the devil.com. If you buy off of him he will dowwnload custom tune for free, as well as all future mods. :p

Thanks Doc! I'll look James up and if all seems well....return my one from MRT when it arrives.

Goin' With James !!

Dr. Wu 2000 said:
try diablosporttuning.com, then click on runnin'with the devil.I don't know if i can give out the phone# but here it goes- James @ runnin'with the devil-1-251-694-1112. That should help. :nice:

You and UM will be happy to know I took your advice.........cancelled my previous Predator order and reordered thru James!!

p.s. UM.....James convinced me to ditch the MAC Straight shot and go with a Steeda CAI.....I am going to return the MAC as soon as I receive it. This should make you proud!!

1268melberger said:
You and UM will be happy to know I took your advice.........cancelled my previous Predator order and reordered thru James!!

p.s. UM.....James convinced me to ditch the MAC Straight shot and go with a Steeda CAI.....I am going to return the MAC as soon as I receive it. This should make you proud!!

Well proud wouldn't be the word I would choose... but I think you are doing the right thing! You have to remember there are 100's of us that have gone down this same path before you, learn from our mistakes and you'll be happier in the end! You'll end up with more money for mods too! :nice:

U.M.

Install MGW Handle

Uncle Meat said:
Well proud wouldn't be the word I would choose... but I think you are doing the right thing! You have to remember there are 100's of us that have gone down this same path before you, learn from our mistakes and you'll be happier in the end! You'll end up with more money for mods too! :nice:

U.M.

While I have your ear.....just received my MGW handle that I am going to install on my stock shifter. I am not a mechanic by any means, just know how to drive it. There are no instructions on taking apart/removing the middle console @ the shifter (assuming that needs to come off in order to remove the boot). What's the process, I saw your setup with it removed....I was going to tinker around with it, but thought better as I don't want to damage anything.

I'll take this one. The outer boot is connected to the plastic piece around the shifter, it snaps into place. Slowly start to pull it off starting in the top left hand side. As soon as that part pops out continue around counter-clockwise until the entire thing pops out. That's all you have to do to access the shifter.
If all you are doing is removing stock knob and installing MGW knob, just take the stock one off and put on the new one, you don't have to do the first part. Good luck. :nice:
Edit: I just re-read your post, you are installing a handle, my bad. :doh: Once you remove the outer piece, you will have access to the handle. Two
hex bolts hold it in. :D Be careful when you are pulling the outer boot over the shifter handle, the 12v outlet wire is connected to it, you need to disconnect it before you can fully remove the outer boot.

Yep! Just like the Doctor stated above! You may want to use a screwdriver with a piece of cloth wrapped around the end (so it won't scratch the plastic). The shifter bezel is snapped in pretty tight and some times it takes a little elbow grease to pop it off.

U.M.

Did it last night.....pretty easy. The plastic surround came right off........I haven't put the boot back on as I want to tinker with the different positions until I find the best fit. Right now I have the bend due left and a little down........

Here it is. Roush handle and Steeda bushings.

Roush-Steeda-Before-After.JPG

Roush-Steeda-Comparo.JPG

Roush-Steeda-Comparo2.JPG

Roush-Steeda-Installed.JPG

Roush-Steeda-Parts.JPG

Roush-Steeda-Parts2.JPG