Steeda tri-ax V.S. MGW

• Sponsors (?)

Bullitt0616 said:
do these shifters "click" when put in gear?

that would be the selling point for me after driving the 355. i associate the click with a successful shift.

Not really a click but more of a notch feeling. I love my shifter. You can really beat up on it.

I installed my MGW this weekend past, and I must say, even though it's still the break in period, I'm already in love. The shifts are very precise, and 1-2-3-4 shifts are bang on every time. It is a very short throw, so it does take some getting used to. Can't compare to Tri-Ax as I haven't tried it, but the MGW package is tight. Everything you need comes in the box (incl. silicon and new mounting bolts). Pics of the install in my sig.

I'm loving quick shifting ;)

ronaldriske said:
Hey todd, did you end up using a stock handle with that tri-ax?

My car is in the shop for warranty work. :( I did receive the Tri-Ax in the mail the other day.. I'm not going to install it until I confirm my 1-2 shift grind is gone. It looks like Steeda changed the shifter from the one I had on my Gt. It now comes with a rubber isolater, and longer bolts with nuts for the other side. I'll probably use the stock handle like you did - just need to visit Home Depot for even longer bolts. :nice: