Steel bearing retainer?

mack84

Dec 26, 2005
Lowgap,NC
Does anyone know of any companies that make a steel bearing retainer for the 4 cylinder trans? If not, I guess i'll have to go to ford and get a stock replacement.... Does anyone know how much a stock one from ford usually goes for?

• Sponsors (?)

???

It turns out that ford has discontinued it.... I guess i'll have to by the one from hanlon motorsports, but which one would be the same as the 4cyl? I'm guessin' the one for the 4cyl. turbo would be the one, but I would hate to but another retainer and it not work. Thanks for the help!

I got so many conflicting reports about the steel retainers, I don't know what the deal is. I decided I didn't feel like buying one to find out if it would fit or not. I was also confused by the fact that 2.3 Mustangs and Turbo Coupes had the same transmission, yet everyone told me a steel retainer wouldn't fit a turbo coupe transmission while some people said they had used one on a Mustang tranny.

if the diameter of the input shaft is the same i dont see why it wouldnt work...if not you might be able to get a different size seal for it. I dont think the up/down left/right tolerances make a lot of difference....its the in/out tolerance you need to shim correctly. The TO bearing has to be the right size too. Contact D&D performance, if anyone knows they probably do