Stewart Components high flow wp REVIEW

go.rei GT

Nov 29, 2003
Az
Good to be back! I was in Ohio for a while, and couldn't fix my car, but I finally got some time to get everything together and get it done.
First, the wp was $74.99, cheaper than the oem replacement, and $25 more than Jegs price for the FMS one. Stewart's had good service, shipped fast, and sent a free tube of wp/thermostat rtv in addition to the gasket provided.

I ended up changing all of the hoses, the idler and tensioner pulleys (going bad), and dropped in a 180 tstat. Started it up to burp the system and it took forvever for the tstat to open (at 180, had a real temp gauge) at about the "N" on the gauge in the car. After burping, the gauge dropped back a few needle widths and stayed there until I shut it down. On the road the needle hasn't passed the "N" yet, although measuring the wp's performance is sort of hindered due to the 180 tstat. The "high flow" does make me more comfortable running unerdrives in the future (in this hot freakin' desert).

I'll have a good idea of my new cooling setup's proficiency in another month when its well into the 100's, but so far so good. :flag:

• Sponsors (?)