Sticky: I6 to V8 conversion

Discussion in 'Classic Mustang Specific Tech' started by Rusty67, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Danielavina93

Danielavina93 New Member

So Durden I do have an 8 inch rear then correct? And my radiator is a 3 row. And the disks in front drums on back will be more than enough to the new v8 right? And will. Have to change out the drive shaft? Or cut it? I was told I mite have to cut it an inch or two to fit the t5?

2. Rusty67

Rusty67 Well-Known Member

I think I should have been more clear. I meant a fox body donor car. He already has v8 suspension as I understand it. You get a fox setup being a roller cam 5.o and a T5 with everything you need. Change the motor mounts and add the adaptor for the zbar linkage or convert to a cable clutch. Change the drive shaft and the trans cross member and away you go. Might need to change the radiator or have the water neck moved. Get an 87-90 for a block with factory forged pistons and a WC T5.

3. Rusty67

Also, if you have an 8" rear don't even bother to change it, it will be fine unless you start puting down well over 300hp. Or if you start really hot roding it and dropping the clutch at 3000 rpm all the time you might break it but as long as you are not going nuts on it all the time it will be fine. Besides, as much as I hate to say it, an 8.8 is a WAY better upgrade then a 9" for ANY 302/5.0 motor.

D Durden likes this.
  4. Danielavina93

Danielavina93 New Member

That's the rear end obviously. And so the drive shaft will need to be changing? But the 302 isn't going to be mildly modded. At the most ill have headers and gt40 heads. Thinking about what carb I should use. Are there specific throttle linkages for certain carbs or are they all the same? I want to make sure and have all the parts I need for this motor swap so that's why there's a lot of questions. Sorry

Attached Files:

5. Danielavina93

Danielavina93 New Member

And what leak is that on the casing? How cud I fix that?

6. Rusty67

At this point you should really start your own thread.